A recent influx of trolls has prompted an update, PLEASE READ BEFORE YOU COMMENT.
By commenting here you agree to the following:
- You are at least 18 years old.
- If you are a troll (which you agree is up to my sole determination) then you will not be given the privacy I believe all readers should have and you agree that your full name, ip, location, family information, and any other information I obtain about you will be made public on this site or any other I choose. Nothing I learn about you will be sacred and it will all be published.
- This policy may be changed at any time and you agree to comply with those changes.
Here’s the deal, this site is for making fun of and dissing on Pioneer Woman. Period. It’s part satire, part parody, part review, and part drunken ramblings. If you want to express your undying love for her and slam me a time or two, that’s cool. I’m down with that. But after that? Nah, enough. The purpose of the site is to bitch about her, not argue with idiots like you.
THINK before you comment here. Trolls will not be tolerated and I get really pissed off when I have to spend extra time dealing with them. Don’t do it.
If you don’t know what a troll is then I suggest you figure it out BEFORE you post here. This definition from Wikipedia may help:
In Internet slang, a troll is someone who posts inflammatory, extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community, such as an online discussion forum, chat room, or blog, with the primary intent of provoking readers into an emotional response or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion.
Please keep in mind that I have already been told and called all of this:
- I’m pathetic, jealous, evil, satan, corrupt, awful, terrible, horrible, the world’s worst mother, a hateful person, bullying, trolling, spiteful, mean, cruel, existing only because of Ree, will die if Ree shuts down, am exactly like Ree (? I didn’t get that one), am a chickenshit if I don’t publish your comment
- I’m a troll, troll on steroids, cyberbully, stalker, fat cow, lazy, right-wing hypocrite, left-wing nutjob, tree-hugger, clueless idiot, asshole
- That I obviously know nothing about farming, ranching, cattle, calves, horses, children, dogs, cooking, reading, entertainment, country living, county roads, hats, “the way things are done in Oklahoma”, how to ride a horse, children’s safety, photography
I’m aware that there are issues of global importance happening RIGHT NOW that deserve all our attention. I’m aware that there are murderers going free, starving children, women without rights, terrible elected officials, and all that jazz. I understand that thousands, perhaps millions, of people have raised their children just like the Drummonds and they are the most upstanding members of society. Not only that, but I realize that you and your entire family as well as every single one of your friends have met Ree Drummond and she is nothing but kind, gracious, humble, and the sweetest person ever. You and all those others have also made every one of her recipes and each one turned out to be the most delicious thing ever to be eating at any time in the entire universe.
I’m also aware that you don’t much care for Ree and aren’t a fan of hers but you just want to tell me a few things, offer suggestions, explain why you’ll never return, and get me to understand. I’m VERY aware that you stumbled onto my site quite by accident and are horrified to realize there are “people like me” living in society and hanging out on the internet.
So if your comment is resembling pretty much any of what I just wrote, then it probably won’t get published nor will I acknowledge it. For nearly two years I haven’t moderated comments and I haven’t controlled the conversation on this blog in any way. I had deleted less than five comments in all that time. That changed recently with the arrival of my very first trolls. I’ve had to turn on comment moderation and spend extra time dealing with people who can’t seem to read and I hate, HATE, wasting my time because of them. I used to publish their comments with an “edited by pwsux” in them so they would realize I wasn’t going to post their crap, but then they just got worse.
I will no longer give comments like that any respect at all and I have no problem telling everyone that right up front. It is NO SECRET that, going forward, I will delete troll comments. And yes, I am aware that Ree (or her “reputation monitoring” PR firm) controls the conversation at her site and moderates heavily. I have no problem with her, or any other blogger doing that, I’m just of the opinion that it should be made clear to the readers and so that’s what I’ve done here.
There, that covers about everything I can think of at the moment but believe me, I’ll update this in a nanosecond if I see fit.