Life happens

by PWSux on January 21, 2012

I tried to explain as best I could without revealing too much about my personal life and I did have hopes of juggling new job duties with online fun but that quickly went to shit.   My job contract continues until July and then my duties will change again.  Maybe I’ll have time to be online, maybe not but until then, please keep these things in mind —

• I do NOT check my email for this site because when I log in there are thousands of spam and I no longer have time to wade through them.
  • For the love of God, would you stop the conspiracy theory crap?  I GOT A NEW JOB and have ZERO time to be online.  Period.  The End.
  • I don’t know what the fuck your problem is Paula but you can take your passive aggressive comments and shove it.
  • I cannot remove the moderation of comments on this site because there are hundreds of spam comments each day.  So if you comment and it’s “held in moderation” then it could be there for months.  {shrug}  Don’t take it personal, it’s just the way it is.
  • I provided the forums for you to continue discussion if you’d like since I’m no longer updating this blog for months on end.
  • Oh, and I have no idea what happened to Binko.

I do miss the interaction with you and posting on the blog but we all have priorities and online activities is way down on the list for the time being.  I haven’t even been online in many months, let alone waded through my inbox.  Sorry but it’s just the way it is.

Believe me, if things change and I have the ability to be online again, I’ll let you know. 🙂

Take care,

PWSux

molly s January 21, 2012 at 10:01 am

Yea finally first! So glad to see your still among the living, but full well understand about the job duties (just wish I could find one) Its slim pickins here in the lil of corporate town known as Bartlesville (darn the bad luck I didnt marry a rich rancher, nor was my daddy a bigwig surgeon) Nice to see your post and thanks for keeping the forums open..

Lili January 22, 2012 at 11:22 am

Good to see you peeking in again. I also wondered if legal issues were behind your abscence; mostly because it seemed odd that Pienear womans site was also mostly silent around this period.
I also find it difficult to comprehend that you are completely unable to come online…sorry but I work an incredibly busy job and even if I go for a few days wihout checking it -its only ever a few days. These days with so much communication going through email and even at work we are almost always at a desk with a computer it just seems a bit unreal. Sometimes I’m busy, I’m tired but I can certainly check my email and a couple of favorite websites for 15 minutes..say, while dinner is cooking.
So I am not entirely buying this ‘unable to come online for months on end thing’.
**shrugs**
Whatever works for you.

PWSux January 22, 2012 at 11:42 am

I work 10-12 hrs a day, drive several thousand miles each month for work, I run a farm, have three teenage boys all in sports – all with games on different nights, I’ve lost 3 immediate family members in the past few months, I’ve taken several work trips for weeks at time since last summer, during Nov/Dec I worked 65 hrs/week when I covered for a co-worker that passed away, my two dearest friends are both going through a divorce, my job will be eliminated in July so I have to train and apply for another one, my MIL died two weeks ago, two of the kids are learning to drive, and one of my boys has recently gone through some personal shit at school so that we’ve had to retain and deal with an attorney as well as the police. NONE of this is relevant to this site so I had zero interest in even mentioning it. I’ve said before, THIS BLOG IS NOT ABOUT ME and I meant it.

My apologies for not spending the “few” minutes each week I get online here wading through thousands of spam and explaining myself to people that no matter what I say, don’t believe me. In a nutshell………. “Life Happens” I ASSumed people would understand what that meant.

Perhaps I should have stated it more like this, “When I DO get 10 minutes or so of free time on the ‘net I don’t want to spend it dealing with this crap.”

Does that make more sense?

I figured that leaving the blog and forums up and continuing to pay for them from what had been gifted to me, would appease everyone because they still had a place to go and talk – other than the comments here if they go to moderation. I never thought for a minute even THAT would be tossed into a conspiracy theory. Amazing. Really fucking amazing.

As for MM and PNW, I have no idea what’s going on with them or their sites and I wish them nothing but the best.

sacha January 22, 2012 at 4:21 pm

To be honest, I thought if there was a legal problem these forums would not even be up. After reading less than 1/2 of your first paragraph (your response) no wonder you’re not checking in. Real life does happen and this would be the last place or thing I would even be thinking about with all that you have on your plate. Cyber hugs and hope things get easier and better for you. Oh yeah, and thanks for keeping this forum up.

Lili January 23, 2012 at 12:31 pm

I’m sorry you have been going through such a rough time. Yes, our kids & family are the most important people in our lives so it makes sense to focus your energies on family, the home and work and too bad about other (less important) stuff. At the end of the day, while this site is fun it must take a backseat when life comes knocking.
Hopefully everything will work out ok in the end.
Good luck.

sherry January 27, 2012 at 10:31 am

Pioneerwoman sux–sorry for the long moniker, but Pioneer Woman belongs to someone else and somehow it seemed rude to address you as simply “Sux”,

I have a large family. Some of my children are clearly not my birth children because they are of a different race. We were blessed with them as infants and between my experience in that area and a stint as a PTA president, I learned two things that I would like to share with you.
1. You would be AMAZED at what perfect strangers think is their business.
2. Nobody around when there’s something that needs doing, but they will come out of the woodwork to tell YOU how you fucked it up when you did it!

Embrace this wisdom that I pass on to you, Grasshopper. You do not owe any damn body and particularly this Lili bitch, whoever her arrogant ass is, an explanation of your life because it is none of their business. Its a free site, maintained by you, she can take her ass elsewhere and complain about someone else’s free labor if she wishes–and trust me, I know this type and she will ALWAYS have something derogatory to say about something free that someone does on her behalf. I had a year like yours a few back. If you are on your feet, moving through the day and surviving, you’re doing a spectacular job.

The Marlboro Woman January 27, 2012 at 1:01 pm

Don’t know who Lili is, but she sent me a similar conspiracy theory e-mail as well. Because I don’t post on a regular basis, she’s trying to pollute the air with her legal speculations. I ignored it because frankly how often I post on my website is none of her business. Now, it seems, she’s been annoying you with the same crap.

If Lili doesn’t like how often we post or don’t post, perhaps she needs to launch her own website. PWSux was a lot nicer than I ever would have been.

Skattebol January 25, 2012 at 7:26 pm

Dear PWS,
It was completely unnecessary for you to divulge to your readers what is going on in your personal life. I feel really bad that we have provoked a situation in which you felt like you had to explain what was going on personally in order for us to understand why you had not posted for awhile. And feel like we have intruded in your personal life by continually questioning your silence on the discussion forum.
I am very sorry you have had so much going on and am sending warm thoughts your way for a less stressful 2012.
Sala kahle, Skattebol

It is a bit frustrating that so many

Kev July 30, 2012 at 2:11 am

Wow… you are a real tool. There *are* people who are too busy to moderate a high-traffic website. Believe it or not, it actually takes TIME!

Jennifer January 23, 2012 at 7:42 am

Wow, you HAVE had a lot going on! Hope things get better and WE MISS YOU!

NG January 23, 2012 at 10:12 am

I am sorry to hear about the rough patch you have been negotiating. I am also sorry to see a comment like that from Lili – I don’t understand what business it is of hers.

Although, I may have been curious about the lack of posting, it isn’t my business and figured you would share if you felt so inclined.

Please take good care of yourself and simply ignore rubbish comments like the one above.

Amber January 23, 2012 at 11:00 am

Wow, life came down hard on your family. So sorry for the tough times, and I truly hope they get better.

I for one would completely understand the shutting down of this site when the gifted money ran out. As you said, it’s obviously not enough for some people to have the forums, and if it’s not, then they should be willing to step up to the plate.

Kait January 23, 2012 at 12:59 pm

So sorry you had to come back to conspiracy theories and idiots who think people have TIME to deal with Internet things. Obviously they have no idea how much time it can take to do more than visit and bitch on a page. To run one is time consuming and I for one am just grateful you have left this site and forum up for the rest of us. And for those who will be looking for the truth about PW. Thankfully PWS is still here for them to find.
Hope the rest of the year goes swimmingly for you. 🙂 Take care!

NMB January 23, 2012 at 8:20 pm

I am so sorry for your losses and all that is going on. You don’t owe us ANYTHING, and while I was a little worried you might be getting legally hassled or not well, I didn’t think it was right to verbalize that on here. Hearing what you have been hit with, I only wish it were something that simple. It’s been good to pop in the forums and read, especially with the diabetes controversy going on. Thank you for leaving them open. Sincere condolences and prayers for things to get better for you. Don’t let a few idiots spoil this for you. You’ll be here when you’re here….you are missed, but your family/job/peace of mind is the most important thing. Take care of yourself. So sorry to hear things have been so bad. 🙁

poppy January 24, 2012 at 11:25 am

Holy Crap, lady! If I didn’t live so far away, I’d bring you a box of wine and a fifth of Jack for your bedside table. I’d even muck out some stalls for you. I hope that the 2012 is kinder to you. Let me know if you need anything, okay?!

Kim from Jersey January 25, 2012 at 3:56 pm

When life happens, something’s got to give. For you, it was this website…and why not? You have to do what’s right for you and your family. And you don’t owe any of your readers a darn thing. (Conspiracy theory…bah!)

Happy to hear from you, but unhappy to hear that your stress level is so high. Just know that your longtime readers appreciate you and wish you nothing but the best.

I’m with Poppy…if I lived closer, every night would be margarita night! xo

mcgov06 January 27, 2012 at 12:12 pm

PWS – so sorry for everything you have been through in such a short time! My condolences to you and your family for your losses. It’s a shame that you have to continually explain your absence, then to have to go into such detail when you are still being questioned. Perhaps folks should get lives of their own; I’d hate for them to try to handle everything you’ve been going through!

Cat, Chaps and Emma January 28, 2012 at 9:18 pm

You know I love you. BB

khintx February 6, 2012 at 9:22 am

Hi PW. You don’t owe anyone an explaination let alone an apology. Thanks for the site and wishing you the best is all I got to say.

kh

Thatcher February 11, 2012 at 2:28 pm

Thatcher has been a naughty boy again, punching a State Trooper who stopped him on a DUI while he was trying to do a sobriety test…he got lucky and ran into the night before he got his ass shot by the OHP Trooper. He turned himself in a day or two later I guess, here’s his mugshot…only person I know that could be inside a jail for a *whole 7 minutes* on such a charge…did he even see the inside of a cell there? Probably not as he’s not even wearing orange. This family gets away with everything in Osage County it seems.

FiveO February 13, 2012 at 7:44 pm

No explanations necessary. Your family and life come first. I hope you have some really good friends to help you through all the bad days. I raised three sons…..nuf said.

Lily February 14, 2012 at 5:44 pm

PWS!!! Just peaked in and read your message. I am so sorry to hear all that you have been going through. The truth is I was a little wroried not everything was ok. Sounds like a truly tough time. I agree, that you didn’t need to feel like you had to defend/explain divulging all the details. Since you did though, please know I am sorry for your losses & sending you supportive thoughts your way. You sound like an amazing mom and friend. G-d bless you and your family. And whenever you are up for it-we are here waiting for you 🙂

Jelloshotz February 24, 2012 at 11:12 am

I was SO, SO happy to find your blog. I have followed PW for a while, and always felt that something just didn’t feel right for me. I am a professional chef, and tried a couple of the recipes that didn’t really look gross. They just didn’t work. I checked out a few more, and could see from the ingredients that they were off.
Then I watched an episode of her show. Why did they give this woman a show of her own? She has no screen presence or personality to speak of, and watching her snap photos of her food made me want to throw something at the screen. I get it, you are a “photographer”. You have a very pricey camera. Good for f’ing you.
Just wanted to say, if you start posting again, I will be very happy; you are talented and hilarious. Wishing you the best.

Pioneer My A$$!!! May 17, 2012 at 11:23 am

Don’t sit in your gourmet, restaurant-quality kitchen and claim to be a pioneer… Pioneers don’t use Cuisinarts you slut!!!

And, when their rancher husbands were away they couldn’t resort to a battery-powered vibrator!!! At best they used their hands or a stick!!!

PW it T E R R I B L E!!!!!

vito tomanelli May 23, 2012 at 3:34 pm

randomly found your website and get such a kick out of your stuff!! really helps the day pass..

Ann June 24, 2012 at 11:59 am

You obviously have no life. *shurgs* immature *shurgs* worthless *Shurgs* Get a life you fucking fat lazy bitch. If you’re so tough and have it all figured out why don’t you have your photo up so people can see just how disgusting you really are. Sounds to me like all you really do is sit at home in your PJS and talk shit because you’re a whore. You don’t work, stop pretending. *shrug*

tbear September 6, 2012 at 11:54 pm

Really? Wow. If you don’t like her content you are free to not read the website. Move along and quit bothering us here.

Lily July 24, 2012 at 3:05 pm

Hey there. Just wanted to check in adn say hi and let you know you are being thought about and are missed 🙂

I hope everything is ok adn that you are doing well 🙂

TDM July 27, 2012 at 8:36 pm

Pioneer Woman is typical of the nonesense on Food Network. This program is not about food. It speaks to people who have never seen the inside of a pot.
Pioneer lasagna is an offense not only to the beauty of lasagna but to real food itself. All of her ingredients are out of a box. Travesty.