The Pioneer Woman – Chicken Fried Steak, Gravy, Creamy Potatoes

by PWSux on August 26, 2011

You knew this was coming.

There’s just really not a lot to say about this one folks.  I love a piece of chicken fried steak as much as the next person but this recipe is unfreakingbelievable.  I guess she’s going to serve this with her marinated tomatoes with a full cup of oil and, honestly, I didn’t even have the heart to include an additional tablespoon or so of oil by including the “veggies”.

Yes, the figures are that bad.

I will say this though as a disclaimer — the recipe for the steaks says “serves 6” but the recipe for creamy mashed potatoes says “serves 12”.  Honestly, my family loves mashed potatoes and I usually make 5 lbs to feed less than half of the 12 servings she claims for this recipe (with leftovers) so I’m thinking some FN person had a heart attack and changed the 6 to a 12.  Theory only though!

Here we go.

For ONE serving of steak, gravy and potatoes you will get:

• 989 calories
  • 49 g fat
  • 70 g carbs
  • 67 g protein

If you have a double serving of potatoes, which is what I personally think she submitted, you will get:

• 1434 calories
  • 78 g fat
  • 112 g carbs
  • 71 g protein

Kris August 26, 2011 at 5:01 pm

FIRST!!!!

Kris August 26, 2011 at 5:02 pm

Ok, now for a real comment, dang you would have to work out for the rest of the day that you weren’t eating to not gain 20 pounds. And love that the healthy part of the plate, the tomatoes, is not something yummy and fresh, but is covered in oil and brown sugar.

Ella September 13, 2012 at 8:53 am

Can’t imagine how much salf is probably in there.

poppy August 26, 2011 at 5:08 pm

78 grams of fat. o.O

sheryl August 26, 2011 at 5:15 pm

And each recipe should include “Add 1 flowy top and 1 body shaper.”

Mee Mee August 26, 2011 at 5:18 pm

lol *clink*

…that’s me cheersing you

Kait August 26, 2011 at 5:20 pm

I think it should come with medical coverage and a at-call-cardiologist.

Kim from Jersey August 26, 2011 at 5:46 pm

And a complimentary membership to WeightWatchers.

Miss Lucy August 27, 2011 at 10:47 pm

No doubt…That one meal uses up all my PointsPlus points that I’m allowed in *ONE* FREAKING DAY, and then some…Sheesh. That’s one terribly unhealthy meal for a nation that’s chronically obese!

EJS August 26, 2011 at 8:36 pm

Fuckin’ Spanx – WTH!?!

Paula S. August 26, 2011 at 5:23 pm

There are meals with about half the fat and calories at FAST FOOD places if you order the healthier choices. I realize you really can’t compare the two, and everyone cooks a special meal sometimes, but she just goes so overboard with the oil, butter, cream, etc. It’s almost like she deliberately wants to shock and annoy.

Sarah August 26, 2011 at 5:52 pm

Exactly what I was thinking. It’s worse than a lot of fast food. I’m thinking her followers don’t pay attention to and/or don’t care about the nutritional value. I think so many people are under the delusion that if it’s homemade, it’s good for you…..and we all know the Reebots are winners in the delusion category.

fuctincalifornia August 26, 2011 at 7:25 pm

i wonder what it’s like when one of them visits the doctor for her regular exam and blood is drawn… and it turns out her total cholesterol is like 350. because if one ate her food on a regular basis, it wouldn’t take long.

i like chicken fried steak as much as anyone. i’ve even been known to fry up some to make sandwiches with. but fuck me running. the woman claimed to be a vegetarian at one time, and the cowgirl food section does have the healthiest shit on her site… and i don’t buy the fam not eating vegetables. maybe if she had any damn idea how to correctly prepare them, they would!

peoples’ palates typically evolve. a kid who doesn’t like broccoli often becomes an adult who loves it, especially if they’re exposed to someone who 1. doesn’t overcook veg or 2. drown them in oil or butter.

Debbie August 27, 2011 at 4:21 am

I guess that’s the reason Paula Deen has been trying to hide the fact she has diabetes type 2 now.

Tina Roggenkamp August 27, 2011 at 7:48 am

You know, I printed out one of her recipes (a while back) before it registered with me just how much butter was in it. (No, I didn’t make it.)

jen August 27, 2011 at 4:44 pm

Actually, back when i liked her i would buy the stuff for a recipe, but the few times i made it, when it came down to it i just couldn’t bring myself to waste so many expensive ingredients. So i would cut the fatty ingredients (butter, heavy cream, etc) in half, or even in quarters, and the recipes turned out great.

Which makes me think she just added obscene amounts of fatty ingredients simply to stand out. Sick.

Suzanne August 26, 2011 at 5:30 pm

I had to do a double take when she cut up the green onions for her tomato salad…was it lop off the tops??? When are the roots considered the tops?? Wow do you want some mashed potatoes with that butter…LOL

REEpetitive August 26, 2011 at 5:46 pm

How did you figure out those numbers? What’s the source? It does seem a little excessive, doesn’t it?

PWSux August 26, 2011 at 9:21 pm

Usually either Calorie King or Fitday. And yes, WAY excessive.

CallAnAmbulance August 26, 2011 at 6:07 pm

I could not BELIEVE the recipe for those mashed potatoes! Heavy cream, a shitload of butter, an entire package of cream cheese, and then another artery-clogging load of butter stacked on top for good measure? That doesn’t even seem appetizing, ugh.

Ella September 13, 2012 at 9:02 am

Ick…

Cat, Chaps and Emma August 26, 2011 at 6:13 pm

What about that shot of gREEd forking one of the steak pieces just raining hot grease. It is just stomach turning.

It is fat cooked in fat covered in fat. There is no way Laddie Boy can eat that fat and pick up her fat.

Now lets go scare some horses….

Britt August 26, 2011 at 7:20 pm

I understand frying your meats in oil or butter, but don’t most people place it on a paper towel after cooking to absorb the excess oil?? Unless I missed something, I never saw PW do that??

When she said something like her kids probably won’t eat the veggies, by the time she was done, I understood why! We’re vegetarians, my kids love vegetables, but I’m pretty sure they wouldn’t eat oil soaked veggies either!!

fuctincalifornia August 26, 2011 at 7:28 pm

best way to drain fried foods i’ve ever used is a cooling rack set over something to catch the drippings. i usu. put a couple paper towels in a sheet pan. stuff that’s supposed to be crunch stays crunchy better if it’s not collecting steam underneath.

*full disclosure* i ganked that method from Alton Brown. 🙂

Mee Mee August 26, 2011 at 7:33 pm

Alton Brown is da bomb!

Britt August 26, 2011 at 7:54 pm

That’s a great idea! I’ll have to try it next time we make beer batter fried zucchini, onions & eggplant.

P-slub August 27, 2011 at 8:31 am

Yes! Best way ever! I put my cooling rack over a cookie sheet. Fits perfectly. Now I want fried steak fingers. Mmmmmm. (my version, not hers.)

Paula S. August 26, 2011 at 8:57 pm

Yes, Britt, normal people have a plate waiting that has several thicknesses of paper towel on it. The meat goes from the skillet to the paper towels to drain further before serving. Ree just picked it up out of the skillet and put it on a serving plate.

TheRealkaren August 26, 2011 at 9:34 pm

I think I just threw up a little in my mouth, thinking of all the gross oil that would puddle on the plate under the fried steak.

I am agog at the calorie count. I know that our Thanksgiving dinner–turkey, mashed potatoes, stuffing and whatnot–probably has near that amount of fat and calories, but we eat that ONCE A YEAR. She’s cooking these meals, acting like it’s a regular thing at their house, making the morons who watch her and believe everything she says think it’s a weekday meal option.

Sheeyit.

egReegious August 27, 2011 at 7:28 am

If the chicken-fried steak wasn’t bad enough, you should read the cooking post for August 22, 2011. This features boneless pork chops with a sauce of apples and creamy cheese grits. I started reading this because it didn’t sound too bad until I got to the part about adding 2 (two) cups of heavy cream and 1 1/2 cups of cheese. The grits also had bacon in them. For a recipe that started out with stone-ground grits, it sure went downhill fast. The sauce for the pork chops started out with 2 apples diced, white wine and apple cider vinegar. So far, so good. She then added 3/4 cup of pure maple syrup. How can this women be taken seriously by anyone. That much maple syrup made my face break-out!

jen August 27, 2011 at 4:50 pm

Plus she’s fat, but not very fat for a forty-something. So it sends the message that these foods might make you overweight, but not obese. I have seen so many family members suffer and even die from heart disease, i can’t even stand to think what this deceit does to people. I love decadence, but in moderation. she makes it a POINT that they eat this every day. Sick.

Mo (just another) August 26, 2011 at 6:20 pm

OMG. PWSux, do those number include the gravy or not?

Mo (just another) August 26, 2011 at 6:22 pm

Durrrrr… I see gravy in the title. I am assuming yes, included!

Mo (just another) August 26, 2011 at 6:33 pm

I have been SO SUCKY with proofing lately. I hope you all still love me in spite of my grammatical and spelling weaknesses.

But I can’t wait to see on the show what they top that meal off with. Ice cream or cream pie? Maybe both! Because I don’t think they had enough full-on cream with dinner.

Mee Mee August 26, 2011 at 6:38 pm

Actually it is topped off with a little after dinner iced coffee. To make: pour 1 oz of brewed cold coffee from your Pottery Barn glass dispenser (it HAS to be Pottery Barn or it just doesn’t taste the same) into a mason jar filled with ice. Then you pour in 15 oz of sweetened condensed milk. Stir. Sip. You’re welcome.

Mee Mee August 26, 2011 at 6:39 pm

add a little whipped cream if your MM has thrown you over his shoulder and you’re feeling saucy.

Zoe August 27, 2011 at 11:30 am

This really made me laugh. We tried making her Hard Sauce recipe at Christmas last year, which is whiskey + whipped cream + powdered sugar and it was vile. I got raging heartburn from eating some with a piece of pumpkin pie. Never again.

Too much condensed fatty creamy stuff (plus booze) in everything she makes, and I like cream.

poppy August 26, 2011 at 6:51 pm

You are only human. I still love you, despite your weaknesses.

I don’t know. Something tells me it’ll be Texas Sh*t Cake and Jack Daniel’s Laced Whipped Cream with a side of Jack Daniel’s and a shot of Jack Daniel’s and a Jack Daniel’s Whiskey Coffee. Did I say Jack Daniels enough for endorsement purposes? Jack Daniels.

Mo (just another) August 26, 2011 at 6:57 pm

Because nothing says “I want to make your heiny tingle tonight, darlin” like knocking the kids out with alcohol soaked food!

The Marlboro Woman August 26, 2011 at 6:49 pm

Don’t forget tomorrow’s TweetChat. Some of us are getting a head start and chatting tonight. PW’s slobbering fans are having one too using the hashtag #teamree

LOL.

Sheryl August 26, 2011 at 7:00 pm

I was wondering what hashtags we would be using for the tweet party????

poppy August 26, 2011 at 7:11 pm

#pioneerwomansux and #teamree (just so they can get in on the fun with us)

Mo (just another) August 26, 2011 at 7:18 pm

So what do I do, just “follow” pioneerwomansux?

Mee Mee August 26, 2011 at 7:20 pm

You can do that (and follow me: @meemeemeemerson), you can also search twitter for #pioneerwomansux and/or #teamree

DonnaD August 26, 2011 at 7:00 pm

In the cooking episode did you notice the echo in the lodge. I’m surprised the sound people didn’t take care of that. I found it annoying and unprofessional.

wezzy August 26, 2011 at 7:05 pm

Forget the fat. Can someone photoshop her voice????? Yikes!

jen August 27, 2011 at 4:52 pm

hahahahahha

Josie August 26, 2011 at 7:08 pm

65 million people are going to be in the path of Hurricane Irene tomorrow morning, so there will be a few less people watching The Food Network. 🙂

TheRealkaren August 26, 2011 at 9:39 pm

You have to wonder if that isn’t the fickle hand of Fate at work. . .like the gods just looked down at Ree on Good Morning America and said, “Oh, no you DIN’T!” and decided to cut her viewership by 65 million.

It kind of makes one religious, doesn’t it? 😉

Paula S. August 26, 2011 at 9:55 pm

She’s probably secretly upset that there is a hurricane interfering with her show’s debut, and wonders why everyone is making such a fuss about it.

Josie August 26, 2011 at 10:11 pm

Or maybe after today’s fiasco on Good Morning America, she is glad. 🙂

Kim from Jersey August 27, 2011 at 5:19 am

I’m on the NC coast. I have no power and no internet right now; however I DO have an iPhone and PWS. God Bless America!!

TheRealKaren August 27, 2011 at 9:42 am

Kim, I hope you and yours are safe and that you get power back ASAP! We once were without power for four days after the remnants of a hurricane made it up to Ohio (The Windstorm of 2008, I believe they called it), and it SUCKED. Stay safe!

jen August 27, 2011 at 4:53 pm

try two weeks. Yay snow in the northeast! But seriously, God bless and I hope you’re safe 🙂

Paula S. August 27, 2011 at 10:07 am

Thinking of you and everyone else there. Good luck.

Mary Beth August 26, 2011 at 7:16 pm

I know one person who liked this mornings show on GMA – Sandra Lee. No telling how much money she has spent on inscense praying to the FN gods that they send someone so bad it would make people forget her Kwanza cake. Her prayers have been answered.

fuctincalifornia August 26, 2011 at 7:50 pm

lol@aunt sandy’s kwanzaa cake.

Mayuki August 26, 2011 at 7:53 pm

I think this is a very witty site. I lost interest in PW after reading her site religiously for about two years. But this site also saddens me… why are you using your wit and obvious talent for a site like this? I have read your FAQ and I guess I do know why you’re doing it, but I don’t know… ten years from now won’t you look back with regret that you spent months… years… working on a site tearing somebody else down, or as you say, ‘ranting’ about another woman’s blog?

You are a great writer and obviously intelligent, and my comment is not meant in a spirit of bitterness, judgement or criticism, I promise. I know you have every right to spend your time as you choose. I just wonder if deep down you ever wonder ‘Is this the best way I can use my talents’?

Cat, Chaps and Emma August 26, 2011 at 8:13 pm

Mayuki – I don’t believe you. If you quit “religiously reading” gREEd 2 years ago why are you here? How would you even have a clue regarding this site if you are not lying? Are your pants on fire? I wouldn’t doubt it after seeing the debacle on GMA this morning.

Also, there is no FAQ on this site. There is a tab labeled “First time”. Get it right honey. I have no doubt you didn’t read it since you can’t even get the title right.

“I lost interest in PW”……blah blah blah – Darlin’ we hear it all the time.

The only thing we wonder is, why you are here?

Paula S. August 26, 2011 at 9:02 pm

Kim from Jersey August 27, 2011 at 5:12 am

Git on wit yo bad self!

poppy August 26, 2011 at 8:28 pm

We are an incredible group of people with an enormous amount of interests and talents. You are seeing the very tip of the iceberg.

How much does Ree pay you, Mayuki?

Paula S. August 26, 2011 at 9:05 pm

PWSux August 26, 2011 at 9:23 pm

I’m so sorry this site made you sad. It’s probably in your best interests to avoid it then.

Former tREEhugger August 26, 2011 at 10:01 pm

I can’t remember what I did ten minutes ago, let alone ten years. I probably won’t remember any of this, I don’t remember much when I drink. *hic* Sorry, second box of wine. ‘Scuze me.

*hic*

kate August 27, 2011 at 6:14 am

Mayuki, who cares why this blog was started?! That’s not the point. It’s clever and tenacious.

Ripping on the US habit of accepting narcissistic frauds, like Ree, has a long history. Partner that with the legitimate research that happens here, with the help of many people and you got gold.

But ultimately, this site is probably not your thing.

jen August 27, 2011 at 4:56 pm

Plus it makes me laugh. ten years ago, fart jokes made me laugh.

kate August 28, 2011 at 6:15 am

Plus we got Binko (who Ree covets) and dog lovers and horse rescuers and the best hootch from Sam’s Club.

Sarah August 30, 2011 at 6:34 am

Definitely nothing narcissistic about this blog. This woman has a point. The problem with sitting around ripping on bad US habits is that you are one of them and only adding to the negativity that you believe comes from Ree Drummond.

What happened to live and let live? What happened to minding your own business? (Something else I think the US could do.) I truly feel the problem with a blog like this is that I believe you are helping to perpetuate something you deem as wrong. I agree your talents could be used elsewhere – for something really good. Can you imagine a comments section filled with positive thoughts and feelings, and can you imagine how that would send ripples throughout the world? Do you not agree the US could use a serious helping of good vibes??

When I first read this all I felt was anger and remorse – I had to choose to feel differently toward this blog and it’s writer and commenters. That being said, you do choose your own path, so I will send you light and love no matter where you are.

(Oh, how I would love to have a real conversation about this, too, but I somehow doubt it’s going to be possible. I hope for nothing more than to be proved wrong.)

Mo (just another) August 30, 2011 at 7:13 am

Sarah, that was a very thoughtful post. I appreciate your questions and that you’d like to have a real discussion on the topic. Everything I’m saying is in the spirit of debate and not inteded to be mean. You said, “Can you imagine a comments section filled with positive thoughts and feelings, and can you imagine how that would send ripples throughout the world? Do you not agree the US could use a serious helping of good vibes??” Well you don’t have to imagine it, that’s what PW’s blog and comments section is 100% made of. That kind of non-controversial rainbow utopia is fake and it can’t happen or exist without heavy moderation. The kind of real conversation you’re longing for on this topic, or on any topic, can and does happen here. How is that a bad thing?

And please don’t ask or wonder how any person or COUNTRY could better spend their time or talents or resources; not only could that be asked or wondered about for every person and COUNTRY on this planet, it’s also an arrogant thing to say since you just spent your own time writing a comment in what you consider a negativity-filled environment after just asking “what happened to minding your own business.” You’re on a public blog with a public comments section and commenting on another public blog: “minding your own business” is not part of the game here or anywhere on the Internet.

I don’t consider this place a cesspool of bad vibes and negativity. People here are funny, welcoming, and are sharing little bits of truth in a vast sea of fake.

Sarah August 30, 2011 at 3:54 pm

Point taken on minding my own business, but call it my higher calling to step in when I think something really is based on something wrong.

I have to touch on “I don’t think it’s negativity so much that people are claiming come from Ree Drummond, it’s fakery.”

Also in the spirit of debate – are you a woman? Do you wear mascara? A bra? Pantyhose ever? If you happen to be a man – use cologne? Deodorant? Hair gel? Can you really deny that singling out one person in a sea of celebrities and/or bloggers and saying things like they’re fake isn’t the least bit hypocritical? And honestly, I barely scratched the surface on this blog and I would say it borders on bullying. It’s like picking on the fat kid.

What I don’t understand is who cares if she makes a shit-ton of money? Who cares if the government pays HER HUSBAND a shit-ton to take care of horses? Who cares if she uses a ridiculous shit-ton of butter in her recipes? Who cares if she’s narcissistic and fake? Think about it – and I’ve read it here – she has issues, this I won’t argue, but isn’t she just as worthy of love as any other human being on the planet? I mean – is she the devil in carnate? Because that’s what I feel the message is when I read here. And picking apart someone’s life, blog, family, friends, and finances are pretty extreme. Funny people mention that she’s killing her family with the food she makes, because last I checked a good dose of negativity over a long period of time can cause health problems, too, no?

Also, it’s not just Ree that people rip on – she posts a picture of a cowboy from her farm at a competition and his riding style is ALSO picked apart and completely condemned. I’ve been riding and caring for horses for over 35 years, and that horse doesn’t look the least bit distressed to me. There is also absolutely no freaking way you can tell what kind of bit is being used – UNLESS YOU TACKED THE HORSE YOURSELF. I mean, really I could argue there’s no way to know the horse is in pain (it does not look in pain to me at all), unless you are the horse or the Horse Whisperer. I will agree – “proud and capable”? I wouldn’t go that far. The horse looks like it’s working. Yes, working in a competition, but hello, last I checked it’s not the only horse in the world that works in competitions. And the man riding it? Doesn’t look like he’s doing anything different than any other cowboy in America might do, so how did he get caught up in all this “fakery”? Again, can’t deny this feels like bullying. Sitting with the wrong kid on the bus? Ooops, someone took your picture in gym class next to the fat kid and it ended up in the yearbook? Oh, well, then you suck just as bad. That is so not fair. It’s downright wrong, really.

Yes, I know the world isn’t fair. But I believe the world could be kinder.

I don’t read TPW religiously, and I don’t cook many of her recipes, but when I do read her blog I see that she loves her family and compliments them often, she loves her friends and compliments them often, she recognizes that she isn’t perfect and states that often. She isn’t without talent. I feel good sometimes even! I send links to my friends sometimes! So what if it’s FAKE? Gosh, better stop reading novels then. Damn, and I really like novels.

And the people here are welcoming?

“Gawd – girl take a nap and leave us alone.”

“If either of us should be embarrassed, it’s me, not you.”

“But ultimately, this site is probably not your thing.” (At least they said go away nicely!)

“Not only are her pants on fire, her nose is poking a hole in her computer monitor.”

Can I stop there? And that’s only from the comments on THIS post.

Granted this blog may offer a bit of “realness” that Ree’s doesn’t, but I doubt you’d ever change my mind that in the “feeling” department this blog ultimately brings people down.

I’m loving the conversation though, so I sure hope we can continue it!

Sarah August 30, 2011 at 4:00 pm

If I write another book like that, it’s going to be three words across! Feel free to comment anew at the bottom and I’ll be sure to look for it.

Paula S. August 30, 2011 at 4:33 pm

Sarah, I don’t know where you’re from, but since you seem to have a grudge against the US, I hope you aren’t in one of the countries we have given so much foreign aid to, money that has been largely borrowed the last few years, money that we have to pay back with interest. Just sayin’……

Sarah August 30, 2011 at 4:45 pm

Hey, Paula S. – thanks for that warm welcome. I’m proud to be a US citizen and by being one, exercise my full US-born right to complain about our fucked up country!! My husband is even in the United States Navy, protecting YOUR right to vote assholes into office that send his comrades (and best friend) into battle to be blown up by IED’s (only partially, thank God), over bullshit that has nothing to do with us. Go USA!

Sarah August 30, 2011 at 5:46 pm

Sarah August 30, 2011 at 5:48 pm

PWSuxass August 30, 2011 at 5:54 pm

PWSuxass August 30, 2011 at 5:55 pm

PWSuxass August 30, 2011 at 6:00 pm

Paula S. August 30, 2011 at 6:18 pm

Sarah, I believe that was uncalled for. If you don’t want any misunderstanding about where you are from, then be forthright. It seems like you came here spoiling for a fight.

Fakey Fakerson August 30, 2011 at 6:20 pm

This Site Sux August 30, 2011 at 6:22 pm

This Site Sux August 30, 2011 at 6:23 pm

Poor Paula and PWSux August 30, 2011 at 6:24 pm

Stinky August 30, 2011 at 6:44 pm

Paula S. August 30, 2011 at 8:28 pm

What is her deal? Is she in the US or the UK?

(sorry, should have clarified this was Sarah before I replied LOL She’s having way too much fun tonight!)

Paula S./Sarah August 30, 2011 at 8:29 pm

sheryl August 26, 2011 at 10:00 pm

Food with those stats belongs on the other FN show “Killer Food”….

Mayuki August 27, 2011 at 8:02 am

Well actually I am not lying…

1. I *did* stop reading her site religiously. Like you, I got tired of the Charlie stories. I found there was nothing really new to read about. I thought somebody with her amount of readers should cook and post about healthier food. I was disappointed when lots of ‘guest’ posts started filling the site. Her cooking site took off… and then I just started too feel that corporate vibe and started to lose interest. But I do check there now and then, and just scroll through her latest entries and read what interests me.
2. I think I found your site when I was Googling something PW related… maybe about her Food Network show? And I have been reading this site off and on for a few months (I’ve got you bookmarked on my iphone so it’s one of the sites I occasionally read before sleeping).
3. “How much does Ree pay you, Miyuki” <– this made me giggle
4. "Ten years from now, will you look back with regret that you did the bidding of an internet fraud?" <– this one made me giggle too!
4. FAQ, 'first time'… whatever. I read it on one of my first visits.
5. I guess I read this for the same reason I watch Real Housewives. It makes me sad but I can't stop watching! The same reason you all read her blog still.

I just can't imagine spending hours a day (admit it) researching ways to tear another family down. And don't tell me it's just about truth and honesty, or you wouldn't all be writing nasty things about how her kids are dumb, about her clothes, her make-up and hair, how her husband is unnattractive, etc.

Anyway, I didn't intend to make this snarky, or resemble a 'sheeple' comment, as you like to call them. Just wish your talents were used for something constructive.

PWSux August 27, 2011 at 8:57 am

I’m not sure why you’re still commenting saying the same thing?

The most I’ve ever spent in one day on this site was about 4 hours and that’s when I was figuring out what went wrong with the widgets in an upgrade and when I installed the forums — I’m NOT a programmer so I was learning as I went. I don’t spend more than an hour, usually less, a day. To be honest, there are days when I don’t do anything at all – other than read comments while reading other sites as well.

My talents are used elsewhere. Do you think this is the only thing I do? LOL This is the space where I discuss Ree Drummond and that’s it. I visit MANY places online to discuss other things.

jen August 27, 2011 at 4:59 pm

Trust me, the time I spend at work surfing the net exceed that. You spend time doing this, I spend it watching the Jersey Shore. If either of us should be embarrassed, it’s me, not you.

Paula S. August 27, 2011 at 10:18 am

I don’t comment about the Drummonds’ appearance except about the dangerous floppy sleeves while cooking and the untidiness of letting long hair hang free while cooking. I don’t really believe in making fun of the way someone looks. What attracts me is the expose of the lies and ineptness of Ree and the hidden dirt on the whole clan. Plus, the laughs and camaraderie add up to good entertainment, lots more fun than reality TV or People magazine, which many people waste time on. Why do you care why I’m here?

Cat, Chaps and Emma August 27, 2011 at 1:56 pm

Mayuki – Poor thing. Bless her heart. Notice how she has to bring up her Iphone? Gawd – girl take a nap and leave us alone. We DON’T care what you think. Get it?

poppy August 27, 2011 at 2:46 pm

“How much does Ree pay you, Miyuki” <– this made me giggle <- this made ME giggle. I didn't spell your name wrong. Don't know about YOUR iphone, but MY iphone AUTOMATICALLY spells my name right.

How much does she pay you?!

Mo (just another) August 30, 2011 at 7:16 am

Hey, I think Ladd is HOTT.

Lou August 27, 2011 at 5:02 pm

Is this run by twelve years olds? That is an honest question.

PWSux August 27, 2011 at 5:07 pm

Paula S. August 27, 2011 at 5:10 pm

How old are you?

Karen August 28, 2011 at 5:48 pm

OK, I instantly thought of you when she whipped up the extra special cowboy breakfast sandwiches. My husband and both looked at each other and cracked up. You need a recipe for that? Hardees makes those for crying out loud. I WILL NOT bother to watch it again – it was vomitrocious.

poppy August 28, 2011 at 6:10 pm

Guess what Sonic Tweeted today?

sonicdrive_in Sonic Drive-In
Did u watch @thepioneerwoman on food network? Her Cowboy Bfast Sandwiches are lots like our Bfast Toaster Sandwiches, gr8 minds think alike!
27 Aug

Can you believe it? Do you think they gave her the Super Sonic Breakfast Burrito recipe? Poor Ree! Maybe now she’ll get her pickle-o’s. Or a big fat check from Sonic. Next? Her ugly mug on your cherry lime-aide cup. Does anyone know if the owner is related to the Drummonds?

Another Karen August 29, 2011 at 8:19 am

Jesus, I just saw it on the DVR and I was like, WHAT? Is she trying to kill her husband? Seriously, I’m not kidding. He will drop dead on the range in 15 years. They should both know better. And the line, “You can’t leave your cowboy waiting.” Or something like that. What year was this made? 1957? :6 Disappointing. I’m fatter and more subordinate because I watched it. Kill me now.

Another Karen August 29, 2011 at 8:20 am

PS. Do their kids really dress like that all the time? Authentic? Come on.

Joy August 30, 2011 at 7:24 am

If you mean cowboy shirts, jeans, and boots for the boys. Yes. For the girls, knit tops, jeans, and sneakers or boots.

Sarah August 30, 2011 at 4:54 pm

Just be clear, PWSux, that I won’t be commenting on your site because you spew hatred, and there is enough of that in our faces everyday. You may suck just as badly as PW herself. Maybe worse. Good luck with all that hate and your heart – you might as well have some butter with your hatred, it’s hurting you just as much. I’m sure you’ve heard this one, too: takes one to know one. Now go ahead and moderate me, just like PW would. You are one in the same. Yin and fucking yang. Oh, how I would love to be there when you realize that, but sadly you probably won’t realize it until you die.

PWSux August 30, 2011 at 5:02 pm

That would be great if you wouldn’t comment here anymore. Thanks. And yes, I will moderate anything else you post because you’re a fucking idiot and you just don’t get it. The difference is sweetie, I have no problem telling you that I don’t want you here and won’t let you comment – go try that at her fake site. You don’t like real stuff but prefer fake…. alrighty then. LOL

Cat, Chaps and Emma August 30, 2011 at 5:14 pm

Oh My Gawd. Sarah fell hard for ole gREEd. Wonder how long hubby has been gone? Seems like rage filled Sarah need the vibrating ap on her IPhone and a stiff one.

Sarah August 30, 2011 at 5:17 pm

**edited by pwsux**

Thought you weren’t going to comment here any more Sara?

PWSux August 30, 2011 at 5:45 pm

Yes and the poor dear can’t read or manage her own self-control.

joey August 30, 2011 at 5:47 pm

Cat, I know it’s happy hour and all. but that’s just not cool.

Cat, Chaps and Emma August 30, 2011 at 5:56 pm

Thank you. Thank you very much!

PWSuxass August 30, 2011 at 5:57 pm

Sarah August 30, 2011 at 8:05 pm

Sarah August 30, 2011 at 8:12 pm

Sarah August 30, 2011 at 8:12 pm

Sarah August 30, 2011 at 8:13 pm

Stinky August 30, 2011 at 8:32 pm

PaulaD August 30, 2011 at 8:43 pm

My husband will be very upset to hear he’s been demoted. I’ll break it to him gently.

you are pathetic May 27, 2012 at 12:30 pm

i was looking up a recipe and tumbled upon this utter bullshit. Stop hating and get your life together honey.
just sad…..

PWSux August 30, 2011 at 4:24 pm

You are absolutely free to use that calling and step in on your own space, not here. Don’t mis-read something and leave a long comment like that when you don’t understand what you’re talking about.

I’ve addressed the bullying thing. Go somewhere else and call me a bully, don’t fucking do it here. DONE with that.

I DON’T care that she makes a shit-ton of money. I DO rant on my own damn site about how she PRETENDS to be a down home normal everyday ranchers wife just like you and me (which she USED to say in the beginning all the time but then deleted it and has said MANY times at appearances. And yeah, I DO care that they earn millions taking care of those mustangs and then pretend they only net $100,000 – that’s bullshit and, like you, I felt a higher calling to rant about it….. on my own fucking site.

You’re absolutely right that I rant about other people – DUH! When something is on her blog or part of it, then yes I will rant if I want. What’s it to you? If you’ve been in the horse world for 35 years and can’t tell that he’s got a curb bit in then you have other issues than commenting here. LOL You don’t think he looks like he’s in pain, fine. I do and it’s my site.

If you don’t mind Ree being a fake then that’s your business – others do and that’s theirs.

This site is welcoming to people who think The Pioneer Woman Sux. Get it? No, it’s NOT welcoming to those who don’t.

If you want to carry this on with Mo (if you both choose to) then do it through email but don’t leave a comment like that again because while Mo enjoy having this conversation with you, I don’t. I’ve addressed this shit before and I’m not going to do it again. If you get it, fine. If you don’t, say it somewhere else – you have every right.

PWSux August 30, 2011 at 4:51 pm

Do you feel better now? Have you gotten all this of your chest? You seem to have a point and you’re welcome to make it on your own site or somewhere where it IS welcome.

PWSux August 30, 2011 at 5:04 pm

Your husband must be stationed in Sheffield UK then.

PWSux August 30, 2011 at 8:29 pm

She’s in the UK. Husband is a LT in the Navy. I just got an email back from her ISP.

PWSux August 30, 2011 at 8:30 pm

And no, you didn’t trick me you dumbass. Your IP shows up every time you post.