Did the Drummonds actually read the BLM contract?

by PWSux on August 25, 2011

Debbie Coffey has written an excellent article regarding BLM mustang holding facilities which presents angles that I hadn’t even thought about.   It’s a great read.

When I came across this quote from Debbie, I remembered a picture Ree had posted on her blog:

The BLM contract requires that the horses have “management by individuals who are knowledgeable and experienced about the behavior and nutritional requirements of equines…” (I assumed this meant adults, not 7 year olds.  Or adolescents, who aren’t listed on the contract as key personnel.)

I wonder if Ladd and Ree have ever noticed that part of their contract?  If so, it probably wasn’t a good idea to post this picture on her blog:

The Drummonds receive millions of taxpayer dollars to care for the mustangs under those coveted BLM contracts and then use their young child to fulfill those requirements?   Does the BLM know this?  Was this some kind of “homeschooling assignment”?  With all that money from the contract why aren’t they hiring adults to work them?  From what I gather, this is a beef that many “day cowboys” have with the influx of mustangs into the cattle country in that area.  Because the return for owners is much higher from horses rather than cattle, the cowboys are pretty much out of a job.

Another quote caught my eye:

The BLM now allows only an exclusive, select few people to have access to our wild horses, ……..

The reason this part caught my attention is because I remember posting about my trip down to Pawhuska and my friend nearly turning into the road with the Drummond Ranch overhead which leads through the ranch.  I advised her not to do that because it’s private property (it certainly appears private with that overhead piping) so we just pulled over and took two pictures of a couple mustangs.  However during a recent conversation I had with a local resident of Pawhuska I learned that’s not the case at all.

The main roads meandering throughout the Drummond Ranch are actually county roads which means the public has access to them.   So basically, anyone can drive right through the Drummond Ranch at anytime and see those mustangs (or the houses and Lodge for that matter), hell the Osage County Tourism Board even suggests it.  Which leads me to two more thoughts, does the BLM realize that the Drummonds house the mustangs in pastures with public access county roads running through them?  I haven’t a clue whether it matters or not, but the article Debbie wrote gives the impression that the BLM isn’t keen on the idea.

Finally, although there are some private “feed roads” through the Drummond Ranch, there are still plenty of miles of county roads as the main thoroughfares for getting around and Ree Drummond has posted pictures or talked about her kids driving those roads for years, those public roads.

Those people who pointed out that it’s legal for 9 year olds to drive on private property probably weren’t aware they were driving around on county roads.  I’m sure they’ll come up with some other excuse for the Drummonds because they seem to be above the law –the rules don’t apply to them.  I suppose it helps that Ree’s good friend is married to the local Judge and they have the Senator out for lunch.  I doubt if budget people could get away with it.

Nutmeg August 25, 2011 at 3:28 pm

omg! MY life is complete! FIRST!!!!!

Nutmeg August 25, 2011 at 3:29 pm

I love how much research you put into these post, PWS. Thanks for Plowing Through the Bullshit…one deceit at a time.

Mee Mee August 25, 2011 at 3:28 pm

I was going to yell Thirsty Firsty!…but I’m too busy shaking my head at the whole thing.

I wonder how the sheeple will turn this around to show how jealous you are.

PWSux August 25, 2011 at 3:31 pm

Let’s see….. how about I’m jealous because my county doesn’t maintain my “driveway”?

Ganners August 25, 2011 at 3:35 pm

Unreal. Karma is a bitch and it will bite her right in her jiggly bottom.

Paula S. August 25, 2011 at 4:22 pm

Good work, PWSux! Probably the best thing about the internet is how quickly information can be spread, no matter who doesn’t want things known.

Atom Splitter August 25, 2011 at 4:25 pm

Grrr. Not only do they flaut the law, the Drummonds are raising yet another generation of jerks. That’s quite a legacy.

Paula S. August 25, 2011 at 4:36 pm

Oh wow! I just came back from reading the entire article. This person is a muckraker after your, and my, own heart. This is a treasure trove of information, links, and things I’d never thought of. It does seem like the Drummonds are not living up to the contract al all.

I know my neighbors who have thoroughly tame horses hate fireworks and shooting because of the danger of spooking the horses, who might then injure themselves.

She made a little more headway on business connections I have been trying to pin down. I had no idea their pharmaceutical holdings included the notorious Phen-Fen. Aren’t they proud!

Sarida August 25, 2011 at 4:50 pm

WOW! Debbie really did some research. Excellent article.

What amazes me is that it’s the taxpayers who pay for the upkeep of those wild mustangs, but according to the BLM, they’re not allowed to see them.

If you ask me, that’s bull shit. I guess one good thing comes from PW’s blog – we get a small glimpse of the horses we’re not allowed to see!

Suz August 26, 2011 at 3:41 pm

Yes, those wild horses are beautiful. And, yes, the mustangs have helped tPW line the pockets of her spanx.

This is a comment from her blog regarding her cooking show:
*Wishing you a piece of the joy you give to each of us everyday! *

I wanted to say to this person that Ree has joy everyday as she makes her way to the bank.

Karen L. August 25, 2011 at 5:16 pm

This is extraordinary! Can’t you just feel the momentum building?

Suze August 25, 2011 at 6:09 pm

Excellent work!

joey August 25, 2011 at 6:20 pm

I wonder how many people at the PR firm are making overtime payworking on damage control lately. Do y’all suppose this treasure trove of info has been presented to the suits @FN? Now that the “can of worms” in Ree’s pantry has been opened, and more info is out there, how long before this pioneer fantasy implodes? If your closets are full of skeletons, for Heaven’s sake, lay low, don’t go running your mouth about every darn thing about your life, because like my mama said, “it’s all gonna come out in the wash”. I can just see the Drummond’s check register now. Voce Communications, PBR, Bullstock Media……. The internet may have enabled the Drummonds to make their fortune, but it may come to be the demise of this charade. And while I’m wondering, do you think Ms. Witherspoons PR team thinks this project would be advantageous to Reese’s image?

kate August 25, 2011 at 6:49 pm

I’ve been wondering if Ms. Witherspoon hasn’t developed second thoughts all on her own. The film project doesn’t seem to be going forward. Her name is not officially attached. It seems that this film is languishing in publicity limbo, at this point with some people “interested” but no one committing.

Josie August 25, 2011 at 7:25 pm

Unfortunately, I think the Drummonds are coated with Teflon. They seem to get away with things that normal folks cannot get away with. Look at the speeding tickets, for instance. Some people are born of privilege and they know it. They remain in that bubble of privilege.

Ree Drummond is the “it” girl of the moment, because she makes people feel good. Hers is the “forever after” story … the story of what happens when the Harlequin romance book is finished, and the girl rides off into the sunset with the cowboy. People love that stuff. It gives them hope in their own lives; if it can happen to her, it can happen to them too ~~ the fantasy dream. I personally don’t buy into it, because I don’t read Harlequin romances, but lots of people do. She stumbled onto a “sweet spot” in the American public. She’s June Cleaver and Annie Oakley all rolled into one.

And yes, I do think the movie is going to go ahead. Those things always take time. Love her or hate her, Ree Drummond is not going away any time soon.

sageNV August 25, 2011 at 7:55 pm

Sadly, I agree with you…

PWSux August 25, 2011 at 9:23 pm

I agree completely.

Paula S. August 25, 2011 at 9:32 pm

The fictional June Cleaver was a moral and honest person, and didn’t pretend to be anything but a good wife and mother. She taught her children to always tell the truth. Ree could have benefited from being raised this way.

Josie August 25, 2011 at 9:59 pm

Ree Drummond’s fans and followers see her as June Cleaver. We know better, but she has developed that persona, and folks are buying it.

Theresa August 25, 2011 at 6:45 pm

Off topic…I’m embarrassed to say this but I’ve never tweeted. I joined for the chat. Is it possible that anyone could explain (plz in step by step details..like I’m from Mars!) or show me what I’m supposed to do. I didn’t want to wait and panic on Saturday. Thanx in advance.

Nutmeg August 25, 2011 at 9:50 pm

Do you have a cell phone with internet? Do you have a smart phone that you can download apps? If not, you will have to use the computer. I only use twitter on my phone. Are you a member of the forum? If yes, then I can private message you detailed instructions. My 85 year old grandmother checks her email daily. My grandfather on the other family side knows more about computers than me….he’s 81. If they can do it, you can do it. Even if you’re in your 80s or 90s!

anon. August 25, 2011 at 6:48 pm

My head is spinning after reading that article! Wow. In the comments, someone mentioned R.T.’s blog. Anyone know what that is?

I hope Ms. Coffey took screen shots of all of the linked pages at TPW. I’m guessing they’ll be gone soon.

joey August 25, 2011 at 7:03 pm

Not unless the check gets there first 😉

joey August 25, 2011 at 7:21 pm

By that hastily typed comment, I did NOT mean a check to Debbie! She is one righteous chick to have compiled that mountain of evidence . . . oops, I meant i n f o r m a t i o n. In fact, I want to be the first to buy that girl a drink! Everybody, this box is on me!

Debbie Coffey August 25, 2011 at 11:32 pm

Thanks, Joey!

SamsMom August 25, 2011 at 11:57 pm

anon~If you read the blog roll in the article.. R.T.’s blog is the one called The Horses Heart.

anon. August 26, 2011 at 10:01 am

Thanks, SamsMom.

Kim from Jersey August 25, 2011 at 7:21 pm

Wowee wow. Excellent post, PWS. I love that you mentioned “budget people”. I take pride in being a budget person as I’m sure the rest of you do. I would love to see someone stick it to Ree. Not because I’m hateful or petty or bitchy or jealous or any of those “sheeple” reasons. Because I am a working mom with a successful career, classroom mom for both my kids, a damn good cook, great in the sack and a pretty fantastic daughter/sister/friend. I do NOT have a drinking problem (although I need one) nor do I have a nanny, housekeeper, gardener or assistant. I do it all. And you know what? I’m f*cking tired at the end of the day. If I’m “keeping it real” I’ll tell you that I do all those things happily, willingly and with a smile…but it just about f*cking KILLS me every day to be all those things to all those people. I do it because I am woman, hear me roar, damnit. And I imagine that most of the folks here at PWS are just the same. But let’s be honest: it’s not all sunshine and unicorns. I sincerely resent her attempt at making herself look like she juggles it all with the greatest of ease. She’s not the ringmaster that she paints herself to be. Just like the sneaky barker who wants to show you the “Snake Boy”, she capitalizes on people just waiting to be “had”.

(Good circus metaphor, no?)

WOOH Lawdy. I feel better. ‘Scuse me while I refill my wineglass.

joey August 25, 2011 at 7:27 pm

Amen, sista Kim! In the spirit of “keepin’ it real”, I’m f*cking tired, too. Here’s to you, honey. Cheers! 😉

Elle August 26, 2011 at 3:45 pm

I’ve been following this site and Pienearwoman for a while, but this comment required me to reply; f*ckin’ A Kim from Jersey! Ditto to everything you said!

Kim from Jersey August 26, 2011 at 4:40 pm

No applause necessary….just throw money.

Love ya more than Hurricane Irene. (because though I’m from Jersey, I live on the NC coast)

Mamie August 27, 2011 at 9:01 pm

Here let me refill it and here is a frozen casserole and some homemade bread and cookies so you don’t have to cook tomorrow.

the cottage child August 25, 2011 at 7:24 pm

Okay, sorry – I call bullshit. You don’t like her, I get it. You might even have convinced me that she should have brown eyes, she’s so full of it. But seriously – I never rode with a helmet, neither do my kids for the most part, BFD. As far as the ‘stangs – seriously? The kids are obviously under the supervision of one of the parents. Don’t like ’em? Tough!. Call OK CPS if it make your hiney tingle, otherwise you’re as bad as she is. Pure gossip and self promotion.

You want horses running the plains or horses hanging in the slaughter house? – that’s the choice….if you don’t like the Drummonds receiving taxpayer dollars for it, then write your Congressman. Suggesting that they’re in violation of a contract or mistreating the horses is , well, lame. The mares are obviously fat and happy, as girl horses should be. Aren’t there some hungry Ethiopian children you could be sponsoring?

I think you’re funny. I don’t like it but I do. But this – this is retarded.

kate August 25, 2011 at 7:42 pm

Oh how charming you are! Retarded? Obviously, it’s not a word that you or Ree find objectionable. The conclusions to be drawn from that are not positive. Mostly, I hear pre-teens use it when their parents aren’t listening.

No helmets on kids riding horses is no BFD…according to you. So are you offering to care for any kids with head injuries from riding without helmets? After all, it’s no BFD, right?

No one wants to call CPS. As the original post stated, the Drummonds aren’t following the original terms of their multi-million dollar contract. This is OUR money, tax payer money.

So according to you, we do not get an opinion on how our taxes are spent or whether they continue to go to people who don’t respect the perimeters of our largesse. We should put up and shut up, cuz the Drummonds know better than any of us how to siphon money and ignore the rules. Respect crooks! They give us purdy pictures and used flowy tops in return.

the cottage child August 25, 2011 at 8:05 pm

Kate, chillax, -you’re obviously looking for a fight where there isn’t one.
I rode/ride without a helmet for 40 years, no prob. My kids do, sometimes, when I think about it, but it’s hot, and mostly there’s no brain damage unless you fall off and hit your head, which you mostly don’t. It’s okay, just like riding bikes. Were you seriously so sheltered, or just sold a bunch of bike helmets? OR prone to ride really spazzy horses you had no business being on anyway because they were expensive or really pretty, which is how most folks get hurt?

You’re conflating your own dislike for PW with some sort of actual going’s on – that makes you kind of like her – attention whore, much? I make no pretense of charm, to be clear.

Kristina August 25, 2011 at 9:30 pm

Cottage child,

Please read the linked article at the top of the post.

This conversation about the government-financed care of mustangs doesn’t have anything to do with children riding without helmets. Which you would know if you had read the post before commenting.

Meanwhile, it might interest you to know that the CDC says that riding horses is more dangerous than race car driving or riding a motorcycle, (incidence of serious injury per 30 hours– adjusted for population). If you would let your 4 year old ride a motorcycle in traffic, that speaks volumes about your ability to process evidence. Your prejudices don’t trump facts.

Josie August 25, 2011 at 10:03 pm

I work for the CDC, and I know that’s true. Also, I have a friend who is a lawyer, and he teaches liability law regarding horses and riding school, etc. He was gobsmacked when he found out how many people are killed each year in horseback riding accidents.

Paula S. August 25, 2011 at 9:39 pm

You make so little sense that I’m starting to wonder if you already fell and hit your head. When you write those weekly columns for “The Traditional Christian” site, do you say BFD and bullshit? Just curious.

I notice you are in bloggie relationship with another defender of PW. I think your real problem is that you think if you run around cyberspace defending the undefendable Ree, she will let you play with the big girls. Why would you want to? I’d rather play with the SMART girls!!

PWSux August 25, 2011 at 9:43 pm

Great. I swear these fucking idiots can’t read to save their lives.

Mee Mee August 26, 2011 at 12:44 am

and we all know how Ree treats her ‘friends’ *cough* Mrs. G (among others).

Cottage Girl – I went to your site and from what I read in other circumstances we would probably have a lot in common…but you are defending someone who does not care about you AT ALL…AT ALL.

tPW does not care about anyone but tPW. You are the not popular girl trying to defend the popular girl hoping she will notice you…she doesn’t. She’ll let you defend her but she has already forgotten who you are. SHE isn’t worth YOUR time, energy, or mental space.

Mee Mee August 26, 2011 at 2:13 pm

Cottage Girl – After reading your post today I retract that we might have some stuff in common. I have nothing in common with someone who stirs the pot on a site that isn’t her own and then runs back to her site and re-writes the story of what happened.

I will not be visiting your blog again.

kate August 26, 2011 at 3:36 am

“chillax” Jesus! First it was “retarded” now this. Are you twelve?

“You’re conflating your own dislike for PW with some sort of actual going’s on”

What does this mean? Scratching my head here…

Eve123 August 26, 2011 at 10:53 am

You’re absolutely right, you don’t get brain damaged when you don’t fall off a horse, and yes, you mostly don’t fall. However, as a pediatric nurse in the midwest in a tertiary hospital, there is no amount of money that parents wouldn’t give to fix that brain damage when that one time does happen. Then you can’t go back, it’s too late. Poo-pooing helmets because you beat the odds disrespects those parents who would beg you to put a helmet on your child to spare them what they are going through.

Paula S. August 25, 2011 at 9:24 pm

It sure didn’t take the PW Posse long to get here this time. Saying that it is lame to post concrete information showing that the Drummonds may be receiving out tax dollars under false pretenses shows how utterly lame YOU are.

As for not wearing a helmet being no BFD, go to an institution and spend some time with brain damaged children and decide if that is what you are willing to risk happening to yours. Or does the light of Ree shine on you and protect your children from ever being in an accident? Just because she is willing to risk the well being of her children doesn’t mean you have to follow stupidly along.

the cottage child August 25, 2011 at 9:47 pm
Paula S. August 25, 2011 at 10:25 pm

I must have missed a really bad one.

Paula S. August 25, 2011 at 10:28 pm

You would think a woman who writes weekly for a Christian website could behave herself when she goes visiting and not have to be moderated. This just proves that shining the light of truth on Ree and her bots and wannabees is making them freak out!

PWSux August 25, 2011 at 10:34 pm

Uhhh, yeah. I’m thinking she didn’t read the Commenting Policy. LOL You know, I try to let those types leave a comment or two but I just won’t do much more than that and why on earth they think it’s acceptable to come to someone’s blog and get that nasty is beyond me. If she feels THAT strongly about telling me off she can post it on her own space but I’m not going to host that crap.

Paula S. August 25, 2011 at 11:28 pm

Yeah, PWS. take her name link from her post to her site, she mentions what day she usually writes a post for The Traditional Christian site. I checked it out and it looked pretty conservative. I wonder if they have any idea how she behaves elsewhere?

PWSux August 25, 2011 at 9:31 pm

WTF are you smoking? Where on earth did you get an idea that I think OK CPS should get involved with the Drummonds? NO WHERE. If Ladd and Ree choose to put their kids in those dangerous situations, that’s their business. But by God if they ALSO choose to post pictures of that stupid shit, then I will rant about said stupid shit on my own damn site. Gossip and self promotion have nothing to do with it. I’m not sure what you think you mean about that but I don’t really give a shit either.

You’re telling me that you think if Ladd waddled into the BLM office to sign his yearly contract and said something to the effect of, “Hey when we round up the mares to separate out the colts I’ve got my young kids with paddles in the pen with ’em. And even though you don’t want the public have any access to these horses whatsoever, my county lists the roads running through their pastures as a tourism thing. That’s all cool right?” You honestly think he’d get that contract?

If so, I’ve got some swampland in Alaska I’d love to sell you.

Where did I say they’ve mistreated the mustangs? No where.

Where did I say the mares don’t look fat and happy? No where.

If you’re finished now, you can move on. You’ve stated your opinion and that’s quite enough.

Kristina August 25, 2011 at 9:52 pm

Actually, I had a question about wild mustang husbandry. They’ve got 3400 horses in a 6 mile square enclosure. According to Wikipedia, mustangs can range over 50 miles a day. Isn’t that a little cramped/crowded?

Full Disclosure: I don’t know anything about horses.

PWSux August 25, 2011 at 9:55 pm

Well it’s certainly cramped from what the horses are used to but not compared to what most domestic horses have. I’m sure there are requirements for that and I think Ladd even mentioned it but I can’t remember. I want to say he said he had to have 7 acres per horse but honestly, I don’t remember for sure.

the cottage child August 25, 2011 at 10:03 pm
JennNY August 25, 2011 at 10:38 pm

Cottage child,
Not that children wearing a helmet has ANYTHING to do with this post.. but let me comment here. Whether you choose to have your children wear helmets IS your choice, as a parent. BUT, be advised, if anything were to happen to your child on a horse, sans a helmet, you would be arrested for dangering the welfare of a child. My children ride a ATV around our 50 acres, I ALWAYS stress helmets b/c it is safer and if anything did happen, WE’D be liable. 40 years ago, this may not have been an issue, but it is now.
Now, go have a glass of wine and relax and get your panties out of that wad! 🙂

Homschlr4ever August 26, 2011 at 1:40 pm

That word, retarded? You’re a grown-up for god’s sake, shame on you. Unless you’re oblivious, that’s a word we are trying to eradicate. It’s really offensive to people who have mental handicaps. Shame on you.

Mamie August 27, 2011 at 9:43 pm

Those horses are not fat and happy. In winter, their ribs show. And here is no where for them to shelter during rain, snow or freskin’ 4th of July conspicuous consumption fireworks.

Mamie August 27, 2011 at 9:44 pm

Freakin’

CrssTmbrs August 25, 2011 at 8:08 pm

I’ve heard that many of these Osage Co. roads are on private property and could be closed by the landowner if desired. In doing so, the county would no longer maintain the road. So, they are open because everyone wants a nice driveway, but some landowners try to make you think it is a private road.

PWSux August 25, 2011 at 9:41 pm

See I wondered about that because that pipe overhead is across a county road and I’ve never seen that before. Is that common? Because the overheads for ranches that I’ve seen all my life are on their private driveways or ranch roads so that’s why I didn’t give it a second thought. I was actually surprised to learn this!

Summer August 25, 2011 at 8:14 pm

I just stumbled across your site while googling…well, while googling bad things about the PW. I can’t stand her! I wondered what all the buzz was so checked out her site and…good god, I don’t think anyone could possibly annoy me more! Her cooking skills are shaky at best, and I absolutely HATE wading through 87 pictures for a simple recipe. Her photography skills are bad. Anyone can grab an expensive camera and take the pics she does. And finally, there’s nothing I hate more than pretentious people trying to pretend they’re just “simple country folk” while somehow managing to seem pretentious and snooty at the same time. GAHHHHHHHHHHH!

Thank you so much for this site…it’s so glad to find others that feel like I do! I’m sick to death of Americans embracing these fake, half nitwit, shallow, materialistic fame wh*res that have NO REAL TALENT!

Nutmeg August 25, 2011 at 10:02 pm

Welcome! Check out the forum. It’s been known for new people to spend hours there in the beginning. Myself included.

joey August 25, 2011 at 9:29 pm

Cottage Child, since when is preventing a serious brain injury no BFD? My two children still have a mom because I wore a helmet the day I took a serious spill off one of our horses. My helmet saved my life. That’s a BFD to my family, and my kids are not allowed to ride unless they have their helmets on, period. When they are adults, they can choose for themselves. When you have horses, it’s not so much IF you will get thrown, fall off, have some sort of wreck, it’s more like WHEN. Why gamble?

I do agree with the comment regarding the slaughter of the horses, and most people react to the argument with their hearts and not their brains. I don’t want to argue for either side, because it entails so much more ~ economics, ethical treatment of animals, preservation of American heritage, and we all have heartfelt thoughts on this, and all are entitled. And, I’m too f*cking tired to make my point.

You stated that the child in the pen with the mustangs was under the supervision of at least one parent. I agree. The same parent that was so distracted snapping pictures of her youngest getting the darn bokeh correct that she didn’t notice he was crying and the horse was getting ready to freak. (disclosure here ~ I have NO idea what bokeh means)

Retarded? I’ll give you a pass on that, but no drink for you tonight! 😉 see above

Retarded? No drink for you.

joey August 25, 2011 at 9:54 pm

oops..no more drink for me! Cottage child, I was more than willing to give you the benefit of the doubt when you posted your thoughts, but after reading your response to Kate’s comment……as they say, them’s fightin’ words. Prone to riding spazzy horses? Pretty..expensive…? Come on. All of our horses well trained AND pretty AND expensive (that’s a relative term) and I trust them or we wouldn’t let the girls ride BUT. But they are “prey” animals no matter which way you look at it and all the training in the world can’t take their INSTINCT to “flee” or “react” from their perception of danger. Any good horseperson knows this. I’d rather not take the chance with “mostly” not landing on my head (without protection). Good luck to you in your next 40 years of riding. I wish you and your family the best.

the cottage child August 25, 2011 at 10:21 pm
D'OH! August 26, 2011 at 8:23 pm

I know this is over the top but it is also somewhat a risk and therefor could possibly happen.

Wild horses…
there are a flight OR fight animal.
Option 1.
They run.

Option 2.
They fight back to try and stay alive
please take note of exhibit a) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J95LsygVMaQ&feature=related

Elizabeth August 27, 2011 at 9:58 pm

I agree about helmets. I did not wear them growing up. I don’t “eat dirt” often, but did last year on a new horse. The helmet kept me from serious injury. I even wear one when I do ground work with my yearling filly. I carriage drive also-I wear one when I drive. Nobody is allowed in my carriage for a ride (not for a show but for a nice jaunt down a country road) unless they wear a helmet. Same goes for riding-don’t wear a helmet, you don’t ride.

Paula S. August 27, 2011 at 10:04 pm

You know, I could understand it if the ‘bots mouthed off about stuff that is purely subjective, such as looks, taste, etc., but they seem to get the most riled up about proven facts. Sports safety rules, child safety rules, food safety, laws, contracts, etc. They get the most upset when their queen has no defense, no excuse.

Mee Mee August 27, 2011 at 10:11 pm

word.

the cottage child August 25, 2011 at 10:26 pm
Kait August 26, 2011 at 1:46 pm

My oh my I must have missed a lot of nastiness. Probably a good thing, I could have gotten all riled up. LOL.

Cheyenne August 25, 2011 at 11:46 pm

I have been reading your blog for quite some time. At times it is quite amusing. Other times I just don’t get it. My first thoughts at those times are, “Jealous much?” I know we all have the right to say what we feel, but sometimes I just don’t understand what you are trying to prove or what your agenda is in all this. Normally I read and move on. When you can explain to me just what it is you are doing by, for want of a better word, slandering others, then I will say OK I guess you are right. Until then, it is up in the air.
I am not pro-Ree. All these blogs I read are for my entertainment and that is how I treat them. I just don’t like when someone is raked over the coals constantly. And believe me, I have put off writing something in your comments for a long time for fear of being lambasted by you. That certainly is not what I want. I am just trying to understand where you are coming from, so don’t yell at me. OK?

Paula S. August 26, 2011 at 12:16 am

For starters—-slander is spoken, LIBEL is written. That said, if verifiable documents and articles are posted, it is not slander. It is INFORMATION! The more verifiable information is posted about this sleezy, dishonest family, the crazier the reebots get. Where does PW find all these people with zero reading comprehension skills?

fuctincalifornia August 26, 2011 at 2:44 am

in her homeschooling co-op, yo!

no offense to the homeschoolers who visit this blog and comment here, but i’m thinking the ones who associate with ree might just be what gets scraped from the bottom of the barrel homeschool-wise.

PWSux August 26, 2011 at 8:06 am

“When you can explain to me just what it is you are doing by, for want of a better word, slandering others, then I will say OK I guess you are right. ”

I don’t need to explain anything to you and I don’t need you to say that I’m “right”. I’m not trying to be “right” or prove anything to anyone. If you’d read the Disclaimer and the First Time pages you would see that I’ve already addressed this. If you read those and still don’t get it, then clearly you’re in the wrong place and you need to ask yourself why on earth you’re still reading it.

The last thing you need to do is make comments with statements like these. Geesh.

Mee Mee August 26, 2011 at 12:10 am

If you have been reading this site for ‘quite some time’ than you would have the answers to your questions. You are not using ‘slander’ correctly and I’m not going to define it for you because it has been defined in the comments before (which you would know if you follow the site) and you can look it up yourself. If you still do not understand what this site is about (after reading it ‘for quite some time’) than no amount of explaining here will help. I suggest you go back and read the ‘first time?’ tab. Open you eyes and your mind…something is going on that is bigger than tPW and we aren’t going to buy whatever gentle, homegrown explanation she feeds us.

For the record, I am not lambasting you. Just because I disagree with what you are putting forward doesn’t mean I am lambasting you.

Mee Mee August 26, 2011 at 12:20 am

darn it! that was supposed to be posted under Cheyenne.

DonnaD August 26, 2011 at 12:49 am

Wonder if the Drummonds are getting a little crazy behind the scenes or if its the PR people who going crazy. After all, they thought this would be a slam dunk. As long as the Drummonds kept things local they could act however they wanted. When you take it national….well that’s a whole new ballgame.

Rowdy August 26, 2011 at 1:33 am

Summr, your mean your tired of PEOPLE LIKE YOU and the CREATOR OF THE BLOG !!!!!

Mee Mee August 26, 2011 at 1:53 am

dude….you need to lay off the sauce for a couple days. lol

fuctincalifornia August 26, 2011 at 2:46 am

put down the crack pipe, rowdy!

Penny August 26, 2011 at 11:51 am

This is just a guess of course, but I’m betting “Rowdy” is a Drummond kid. The tone, spelling, grammar and punctuation (or lack thereof) sound like a kid to me. Those home-school tutors Ree hired are doing a fantastic job!

Kait August 26, 2011 at 1:50 pm

Oh is THAT what is going on? I was so confused. What is “summr”?

PWSux August 26, 2011 at 2:02 pm

Oh Kait you poor dear. Allow me to explain. Down a shot, pay attention, and walk this way.

Summr posted a comment somewhere above.

Rowdy commented about summr’s post and used pretty poor grammar.

That cottage lady decided to set me straight then did it again and again and again so I told her to knock it off and she didn’t. Then I edited out her posts cuz she’s an ass. Like totally.

Then the cottage lady decided to stop commenting here (duh!) and write a post on her own damn blog like I suggested. Yay! Good for her.

Got it?

Good.

Have another shot. 🙂

Kait August 26, 2011 at 2:05 pm

Well if she came here hoping I would click on her link she will die a very unhappy person. I never click on the sites of the commenters. Well, Friend – maybe. Foe – never.

Former tREEhugger August 26, 2011 at 2:32 pm

To the honorable PWSux,
I am dying of curiousity. Why were cottage child comments edited? Mean? Violent? Reading her blog was no fun and non informative.

I am just really that nosy.

Paula S. August 26, 2011 at 2:59 pm

I went over there and left a comment on her ratty little article. She is one of the worst hypocrites I’ve ever seen flying around blogland on a broom. all that writing on religion and listing religious books as her favorites. It just doesn’t jibe with the way she acted here last night

Mo (just another) August 26, 2011 at 7:18 am

“Reebot Rash”

Defined as an infestation of pesky posts to your blog caused by the parasitic REEpicephalus Sanguineus. Characteristics are a lumpy red-assed appearance, mostly likely accompanied by severe itching; most parasites’ underwear fits improperly or has become wildly askew before they attack, causing their red-assedness to spread to the host. Flare-ups usually occur around the time of a show premiers.

The only known cure is to drink heavily and apply copious amounts of a lemony-scented paste made from butter, cream and bacon grease.

Samantha August 26, 2011 at 7:45 am

I still want to know WHY are PW fans coming on this site, HOW do they end up here? Are they getting BORED with PW and wandering Google for other stuff connected to PW? Are they trying to control the interwebs from seeing the truth behind the PW monster when her show hits the mainstream and people start reading the REAL story?

I’m beginning to think they are just JEALOUS of PWS and her blogging skills.

HeeHaw August 26, 2011 at 9:58 am

Personally, when I was still shoved up TPW’s butterhole I googled her name looking for some random information and I ended up here. I had the same reaction most of the Reebots do now, shock and disgust and *gasp* this lady is a bitch and soooo jealous of the awesome that is Ree.

The only difference between the Reebots and myself is…I had the good damn sense to realize that not everything is how it seems. I didn’t post idiotic knee jerk comments and I took the time to read the blog and give it a chance. I’m very glad I did, too.

poppy August 26, 2011 at 9:55 am

You are too funny!

The Marlboro Woman August 26, 2011 at 7:34 am

Hurricane Ree’s in NYC this morning promoting her show on the morning talk shows.

anon. August 26, 2011 at 10:09 am

Since when does Ree GRILL? Maybe Bobby Flay should challenge HER to a throwdown. She’s lucky her flowy top didn’t catch on fire.

DonnaD August 26, 2011 at 7:36 am

So THAT’s what was wrong with PW at the conference. Now it makes some sense!

Theresa August 26, 2011 at 7:38 am

Just saw her on GMA….she looked nervous and out of place.

Suz August 26, 2011 at 8:40 am

Is this the first time you’ve seen her on TV? She always looks out of place and nervous! And that fire on the grill was hysterical. And looked stupid.

Josie August 26, 2011 at 10:41 am

I burst out laughing when the grill caught fire and Sam Champion was scurrying around behind her, trying to put it out.

If her face permanently frozen in that smile?

Oh, goodness I sound like a mean girl. 🙂

Josie August 26, 2011 at 10:47 am

I find it rather clever, too, that Ree Drummond invites people to her lodge for “cooking workshops”. Rather than going to culinary school, she is inviting the culinary school to her. The last workshop on making pies was not for the purpose of instructing folks on how to make pies, but for folks to instruct her. Clever, clever, clever…

What will her next workshops be about? Déglacer? Bouchées? Or perhaps it will be about flambé. *heh*

Oh, goodness, now I sound like a mean girl again.

Eve123 August 26, 2011 at 11:04 am

Love it Josie and when I read “clever, clever…” I could hear the hunter in the Jurassic park movie say “clever girl…” about the Velociraptor. 😉

Penny August 26, 2011 at 12:00 pm

Very good analogy Eve123…..very good!

Suz August 26, 2011 at 11:52 am

I think it will be a bread workshop next. That will continue the earthy/artisnal/homemaker theme she has going. And, homemade bread is the best. I’ve always been a cook but never got into bread baking until this year. But I taught myself. No Wolf range or concrete countertops or semi-professional bread blogger for me. Budget bread. OK — I’ll stop!

Zoe August 26, 2011 at 2:40 pm

My boyfriend makes homemade bread from scratch (a starter) and no bread machine. He taught himself and I daresay it’s more than what I’ve seen Ree do on her blog. It takes time, patience, effort, and getting both your hands dirty. In other words, he doesn’t have one hand kneading dough and another snapping 238947 photos of it.

Mee Mee August 26, 2011 at 2:54 pm

Making really good bread from scratch is next on my list of things to learn, especially sourdough from a good starter. Did he use a particular method? There are so many books out there and pros and cons to each one.

Kim August 26, 2011 at 4:16 pm

Hi Mee Mee, haven’t commented before, but wanted to tell you I just got a really great book called Flour by Joanne Chang and she give great information on making your own bread starter for all sorts of bread. She calls it bread sponge. The book gives very specific instructions, very easy to undertand and has all sorts of pastry and bread recipes. Apparently she’s a well-known pastry chef and restaurant owner.

Mee Mee August 26, 2011 at 4:32 pm

Thank you Kim! I think I remember Joanne Chang from a Throwdown (?). I’ll check the book out. 😀

Zoe August 28, 2011 at 2:59 am

Sorry it took me so long to get back to this! He makes a starter with yeast (possibly some yogurt, actually) and feeds it for several days before it’s ready to be incorporated into bread dough. I can get the specifics if you really want! The bread is wonderful.

SAL August 26, 2011 at 3:43 pm

[quote] That will continue the earthy/artisnal/homemaker theme she has going. [quote]

Did you mean ‘abysmal’ or am I just going dyslexic? RofL

a real farm girl August 26, 2011 at 10:56 am

You can see the episode clip there. I can’t believe she was wearing a flowy top while putting stuff on an open fire on the grill.

Sue M. August 26, 2011 at 11:11 am

Craptacular.

Kharn August 26, 2011 at 12:06 pm

OMG – that fire was hilarious!

Ya know, the Haters of Brutal Againstness criticize this site and others for mocking Ree Ree, but, she just keeps lobbing these moments right up there. Oh, Pie Near Woman, a future installment is calling!

Former tREEhugger August 26, 2011 at 2:38 pm

That was too funny. I’m sure she has something up those sleeves. *snort*

Mamie August 27, 2011 at 9:58 pm

Oh Pie Neer we must have grilling in the streets and molten rancher love between the sheets!

PWSux August 26, 2011 at 12:57 pm

Thanks!

Oh my goodness! As much as I laughed I then immediately felt a pang for all of the food bloggers who are REALLY great and deserve a show way more than Ree.

That was, honestly, a very very bad appearance. 🙁 The non-stop talking, even interrupting…. ugh. I think I need to just post about it. LOL

Eve123 August 26, 2011 at 11:01 am

Ugh! I’m disgusted! Huffington post has an article about the new FoodNetwork show, singing their praises for TPW. Luckily, it is posted on the first page under a picture of a man holding a giant rat with a pitchfork through it’s guts, so their is some poetic justice! The family picture they feature is eerily like the Palin family photos…. *shivers* Help me Rhonda and pass the vodka!

Someone please post at:

Homschlr4ever August 26, 2011 at 2:39 pm

Here you go Eve123, let’s hope it makes it past the reviewers, “I don’t mind people having someone to look up to or even enjoy but let’s get the facts straight. She doesn’t homeschool her kids, she has private teachers. She uses other people’s recipes without giving credit. She isn’t a “city gal”, she grew up in a town of around 10 to 15,000. She lived in L.A. for four years. She has a PR company, VOCE. She brings in almost a million dollars a year with her blog alone and she has hired help for her house, her kids and her blog. She doesn’t write the homeschool­ing section or the entertainm­ent section. She and her husband and their family receive over a million dollars in farm subsidies while the government wants to cut medicare. The food she cooks is extremely unhealthy, full of saturated fat and cholestero­l. Everything an already obese nation should stay away from. Seriously, Huffington Post? I’m a die hard progressiv­e. I thought you were about the truth. I guess money still talks louder than honesty.”

Sue M. August 26, 2011 at 4:13 pm

It made it thru the moderators. I became a fan.

Eve123 August 26, 2011 at 7:44 pm

Fabulous! I’m dashing over now to fan and fav! 🙂

SAL August 26, 2011 at 3:53 pm

Good grief, the photo. Even the kids (especially A and B) are posing like crazy.

Britt August 26, 2011 at 7:59 pm

Some REEbot said they’ve tried all her recipes and they’re so good, her family just loves the, yada, yada, yada. I replied if she’s ever eaten Edna Mea’s Escalloped Cabbage. Haven’t been back over to see if it’s still there or has been replied to.

sheryl August 26, 2011 at 12:39 pm

You are going to LOVE this… Whole Foods is tweeting about her show tomorrow. Really? Have they seen her ‘cooking’??? I thought they were about healthy, natural food?????

Paula S. August 26, 2011 at 4:50 pm

Did they even check to see what she cooks before jumping on her bandwagon?

Samantha August 26, 2011 at 1:47 pm

Whole Foods promoting PW……that sounds about right….they have been ‘selling out’ for a while now. I stopped shopping there looooooooooooong ago it really should be called Whole PAYCHECK for they are giving healthy shopping a bad name.

Mee Mee August 26, 2011 at 3:04 pm

I think Whole Foods is a BIG reason most people think you have to be rich to eat healthy.

kate August 28, 2011 at 6:25 am

Good point Mee Mee. If you care to, google up the article in the New Yorker about the owner of Whole Foods from a couple years ago. That’s what killed it for me. The guy is an asshat.

When you compare the cheap local organic food here in Europe (little stores or weekly neighborhood markets) with the US organic superstores, you know something is deeply wrong with food pricing in the USA.

Paula S. August 28, 2011 at 12:43 pm

Thank you; I bookmarked that to read later. I’ve always thought they sounded cool, but there’s not one anywhere close to me. We do have farmer’s markets here.

Homschlr4ever August 26, 2011 at 2:45 pm

I was going to watch the show with everyone and tweet but alas, we are in Norfolk, VA. I don’t think I’ve ever seen the name of our city mentioned on MSNBC before let alone 10 times. Hurricane Irene headed our way, all I can think is no air conditioning and menopause don’t make for a fun time.
Y’all enjoy and I’ll read your tweets.
Watched Bravo’s Dessert Cookoff (I think that’s the name) Now those are some hardworking cooks. I sure wish they’d put PW on there. She’d probably start crying.

Mee Mee August 26, 2011 at 2:59 pm

I hope you stay safe! We’ll be thinking about you!

I would LOVE to see Ree on any competitive cooking show and I’m sure there are quite a few real chefs who would LOVE to be the judges!

Kait August 26, 2011 at 3:43 pm

Oh she wouldn’t cry. She would probably just start quoting movie lines in stupid voices or doing Ethel impressions.

Denise August 26, 2011 at 3:10 pm

Food Network Humor just did a post on her show. This site is mentioned many times in the comments. Jillian’s recap of her show tomorrow should be entertaining!

Zoe August 26, 2011 at 3:52 pm

I’m DYING here! What a great website. Thanks!

Homschlr4ever August 26, 2011 at 7:04 pm

Forget the Huffington Post. I’ve been over there reading the comments and I feel nauseous. If you can’t find people seeking the truth on the Huffington Post, then we are all lost – no offense to conservatives. I think PW must have hired people to follow all these blogs and articles and leave “wonderful” comments. I was really shocked. I follow the Huffington Post religiously and although I admit they can be as wrong as anyone, I’ve never seen as much fawning over anything they’ve ever written or any person they’ve written about. I’m almost embarrassed for them.

Eve123 August 26, 2011 at 7:46 pm

I’m sure that’s part of what she pays her publicist for.

Debbie Coffey August 27, 2011 at 2:35 pm

When I posted the link to my article on Huffington Post, PW’s “fans” were on it IMMEDIATELY, like white on rice. Which makes me think it’s some PR firm. How many people are actually reading the cooking section of Huffington Post at any one time? And this is what PR people do.

Paula S. August 27, 2011 at 2:55 pm

We are all probably getting closer to some truths the Drummonds don’t want known, or there wouldn’t be such vigilance in trying to counter the articles, posts, and comments.

kate August 28, 2011 at 6:19 am

Too bad for Ree’s publicity machine that the Huff Post displays the latest comments first. People are going to have to dig to find the positive anymore. Keep it up, people!

COUNTRY COOK August 27, 2011 at 4:46 pm

OMG…Just found this website by accident and am laughing my ass off at how f’ing jealous and small you are. Trying to make a name for yourself off someone else’s name is the epitome of “loser.” I’ll never come back to this again!

Paula S. August 27, 2011 at 4:55 pm

Amazing how most of the reebots are so unskilled in the use of computers that they land here by accident all the time. They’ll accidentally hack the Pentagon next.

Mee Mee August 27, 2011 at 6:19 pm

Reebots sure do have lots of accidents.

Everything you said has been addressed before. You bring nothing new to the table and I’m sure the web stats will show that this is NOT the last time you will visit the site.

Cat, Chaps and Emma August 27, 2011 at 6:36 pm

What’s for Dinner Country Cook? Meat fried in batter and fat, covered in fat, with a side dish of fat? Better waddle off and get county cookin’! LOL

PWSux August 27, 2011 at 9:44 pm

Oh shoot! I was SO HOPING you would stick around. Darnit. Buzzkill.

Thank you for taking the time to leave such a thoughtful comment though. At least I’ll always have that. 🙂

Appalled August 27, 2011 at 5:47 pm

Appears to me that the author of this blog doesn’t have anything better to do with their time than develop a website based on someone else rather than focusing on their own life/family. I wonder what we would find if we delved into your life…? Could be interesting….

Paula S. August 27, 2011 at 6:10 pm

Why are you trying to focus attention away from the published articles and government documents that PWSux has posted on this website? If you really read them, and were capable of understanding them, you would be so horrified that you wouldn’t waste a minute speculating about what she does when she isn’t here.

If you really want to delve around and find something, help find what the connection is between the Osage Sybil Bolton, who was almost surely murdered for her headright, and Ladd’s mother, who is from the same Connor lineage, that the grave of Maggie Lawrence is on their land. And you can tell Ree I said so. She was going to tell the story and something made her back off and pretend there was no story. Truth will always win out…..

Cat, Chaps and Emma August 27, 2011 at 6:29 pm

Nicely put Paula. How much you want to be ole Appalled won’t be back.

Margarite August 8, 2012 at 10:53 am

Sorry, no Ladd is NOT a Conner! Conners are Osages, as was Maggie Lawrence. Ladd’s family bought some of the Maggie Lawrence land – there is NO family connection!

PWSux August 27, 2011 at 9:41 pm

My skeletons are my skeletons and I own them. I don’t present myself as anything other than what I am – doing that tends get your ass bit or in all kinds of trouble.

Mamie August 27, 2011 at 9:34 pm

It occurs to me that Pioneer Ho-stess is a faux domestic diva twist on Paris Hilton- plus some failed ballerina anorexia action, you know the jiggly bits and spanx.

Elizabeth August 27, 2011 at 9:40 pm

Okay-I’ll admit it, I watched her show this morning. It is like passing an accident on the road-you just have to look when you go by. My husband happened to be in the house at that time-he even commented on the fat laden recipes and the lack of “flow” during the show. And, he is not the most observant fellow on the planet!!!!

I have worked for a well known cooking store doing their demo chef chores. I taught at a cooking school. Her lack of basic cooking knowledge and nutrition was so evident.

As far as the ranch goes-they have “peeps”. Anyone who thinks they don’t does not much about ranching. The horses they usually show in pictures are not BLM mustangs-they are nice, fat Quarter Horses. I have five horses, they are a lot of work. By the time I have worked all five of them, clean them up,scooped poop, spread the scooped poop, purchased feed/hay, brought it home and unloaded it, I have spent 5 to 6 hours a day in the barn. I have also been known to go to the feed store, look in the rear view mirror on my way home, and find that I have dirt rings on my neck.

We have a hobby farm-we have a garden, I do some canning, I keep bees, I grind my own wheat berries and make my own bread, I weave/spin/knit. Good thing about it is I have a husband who has a paying job! hehehe

What does amaze me is the number of people that believe ReeDub is some sort of superwoman. Nobody can do all of the things she says she does. Like I said, she has peeps!

Allison August 29, 2011 at 9:08 am

Ugh – and can we PLEASe address the post about their rodeo-whatever-the-hell-it-was festival where they scared a wild horse shitless 🙁 AGHHHHHHHHH – my heart was breaking looking at that 🙁

PWSux August 25, 2011 at 10:35 pm

Holy crap are you serious? Wow! What. an. ass.