Well that’ll learn me

by PWSux on June 18, 2011

I put the post regarding donating to the site up and then immediately left town for work and funerals. I was stunned, STUNNED, at your response! I am embarrassed to say that I wasn’t expecting that kind of response at all. Not. At. All. And I mean that in a genuine “Holy shit I cannot BELIEVE this!” way and not in a fake self-deprecating way. LOL

So I’m seeing all these notices from Cath come in “You’ve got money” and I’m driving across the state stopping everyone once in a while and sending back “Really? That’s awesome!” Then I start getting emails from a crazy pissed off certain someone which I can’t reveal because it’s highly confidential ……..

OK, it was Poppy.

Shhhhhhhh, don’t tell her I told you though.

……. and SHE’S got another idea and I’m just blown away by that, then I arrive home to find out we’ve got a local with an emergency and he’s bring a shipment of horses over like now (actually in just about 30 minutes LOL) so I’m running around getting things in order and it hits me what you guys have done.

Holy shit.

I don’t know what to say. I honestly don’t. I really REALLY wasn’t expecting this.

Thank you. From the bottom of my heart thank you.

I will be discussing some big changes coming up as soon as I get these new horses settled and my bags unpacked.

Indy Gal June 18, 2011 at 5:20 pm

Am I FIRST???

I was happy to donate. I couldn’t donate much, but did what I could to help keep this site going.

PWSux June 18, 2011 at 6:05 pm

You ARE first!! 🙂

Don’t worry, no danger that looking Adsense would stop me.

poppy June 18, 2011 at 5:31 pm

LOL! I am pissed! I don’t spell my name with a capital P. Get it straight, you crazy pirate whore! A friend in need is a friend indeed 🙂

Cat, Chaps and Emma June 18, 2011 at 5:46 pm

PWS – You crazy pirate whore – my name is Cat, not Cath. I am your BB. The one that lives in the basement.

No worries, still love ya more than my mop!

Summer of fun here we come!

PWSux June 18, 2011 at 6:03 pm

All of this *gentle correcting* is affecting my evening activities.

JennNY June 18, 2011 at 11:03 pm

I know.. I was like..”Who’s Cath?” Then I realized in all her craziness of counting all her loot, she got confused! LOL

Judy June 18, 2011 at 7:43 pm

You are welcome!

Paula S. June 18, 2011 at 8:31 pm

I just mailed it today, but you are very welcome. We all egg you on all the time. A fine bunch we’d be if we didn’t offer any help when the chips were down.

Homschlr4ever June 19, 2011 at 3:35 pm

My feelings exactly Paula S., we are a bunch of smart asses that haven’t had to pay the price you did for “being real, keeping it real” really just telling the truth. If I didn’t feel a little vomit coming up, I’d sing “don’t hide your light under a bushel…” but my conversion demands that I not eat the crap anymore, kind of like a vampire that can’t eat. Did that make sense, no, well it’s Sunday.
I love your site, keep it up.

JOAN June 18, 2011 at 9:27 pm

I’m not sure I understand what happened with the Google ad thing…did you receive money from ads posted on your website? (I’m old, just turned 72 on Thurs.) so all this blogging stuff is a bit beyond me. I don’t do Facebook or Twitter and don’t know how to text either. But I do enjoy reading about getting the goods on the “REEL” Ree…who is a REEL phony ( isn’t that an oxymoron?)

The donations are for keeping your site going? Is that right? I’m not finding the button in this post. I hope you don’t shut down. I’ll donate a little bit if you tell me how to do it.

Joan,
out where the west gets wild.

Paula S. June 18, 2011 at 9:30 pm

Joan, the mailing address is in the comments on the previous post, if you don’t do on line payments. I don’t either.

EJS June 20, 2011 at 5:53 am

Joan – you mean 72 yrs young!! Keep on…keeping on!! 🙂

Cat, Chaps and Emma June 18, 2011 at 10:13 pm

Joan don’t worry about it. PWS will make all of this very clear in the future. She will have a button or a link to explain it all.

She is just starting to ask for donations.

Love, BB

Cat, Chaps and Emma June 18, 2011 at 10:20 pm

Paula Thanks!

If you don’t want to Paypal you can send a donation to PWS! I am her bottom bitch!

Send a checks to:

Basset Hound Enterprises
P.O. Box 347
Ft. Thomas, KY 41075

I will turn your donation around to PWS! 100%!

Put PWS in the memo line and send me your e-mail! I will verify your donation!

I have been collecting money for basset hound rescue for about a decade so I know what I am doing….

Love you more than my mop!

Paula S. June 18, 2011 at 10:52 pm

My email should be in your computer; I’m the one who sent you a lot of research links the first of the week. 🙂

Cat, Chaps and Emma June 19, 2011 at 7:29 am

Yes I have it Paula…I was speaking in general…..BB

JennNY June 18, 2011 at 11:05 pm

WOW PWS, I really feel like you REALLY love us.. not that fake kinda “love ya more than my luggage” love.. are you keeping’ it real? LOL
Muahhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Kay@BlueSpeckledPup June 19, 2011 at 1:35 pm

I guess this is proof that the “little” people will look out for each other? Hooray!

PJCarz June 19, 2011 at 6:21 pm

Yes, Kay, exactly; hooray for the budget/little people, and they are us.

PDumb pays people (contests) to read her blog, whereas we pay (contributions) to read PWS because it’s worth reading for its own value, not the promise of a giveaway.

The Marlboro Woman June 19, 2011 at 8:00 pm

Congrats to Cat, Chaps and Emma on your new job. You go girl. Do you have your new business cards yet? Bottom Bitch has such a nice ring to it, LOL.

Cat, Chaps and Emma June 19, 2011 at 9:22 pm

Marlboro Woman you are so sweet to congrats me. However, I, like Tia Juanita, must live in the basement. I have no glory other than being the BB. Granted that is a grand title. Keep in mind, I will fight poppy til the end for that title!

poppy June 19, 2011 at 9:27 pm

I’m happy to lurk in the shadows behind the furnace.

Cat, Chaps and Emma June 19, 2011 at 9:34 pm

poppy I see you – lets have some whiskey!

poppy June 19, 2011 at 10:23 pm

Well, Cat, whiskey is against my religion. Can we substitue tequila?

Cat, Chaps and Emma June 19, 2011 at 10:32 pm

poppy – ta kill ya!

Cat, Chaps and Emma June 19, 2011 at 10:37 pm

Keep in mind I live in KY Bourbon country. But I loves me some Ta Kill Ya! Meet ya by the furnace! Don’t tell Boss Woman!

Cat, Chaps and Emma June 19, 2011 at 10:38 pm

Budget People rule!

Homschlr4ever June 20, 2011 at 10:00 am

don’t forget the chasers of butter to follow. Makes everything go down easier.

The Marlboro Woman June 20, 2011 at 1:37 pm

Along with a side of 37 effing photos on how to make rhubarb cobbler.

poppy June 20, 2011 at 2:03 pm

with lard like real pioneer woman did

poppy June 20, 2011 at 2:45 pm

aargh…women…dang iphone

Kristina June 20, 2011 at 2:54 pm

Jeez, Poppy– you weren’t lying.

Lard. In biscuits? Maybe you could leave out the flour and make them with butter AND lard. Bwwhahhaahhhhaa!!!!!!!!!!!

Blard! Lutter!

Lady Callahan June 20, 2011 at 3:13 pm

This is off topic, but that Jaden chick pisses me off almost as much. New house, five acres, a FOUR HOLE golf course and lake? Holy fucking shit. Food blogging really is paying pretty well these days. Bragging much? No wonder she and PW are friends.

And doing their OWN PAINTING?? Awww…just like the little people do.

Bite me, Jaden.

Indy Gal June 20, 2011 at 5:24 pm

Holy Crap — did you read the whole post about her new property? “There’s one more building on the property — this will be my little project — I’m building a studio kitchen in this building, tricked out with perfect lighting for taping television shows or podcasts, mounted video cameras and editing room. I can’t wait to start — I’d love to have bloggers come out and tape some shows with me! Wouldn’t that be fun?” If PW had a plan, Jaden has a PLAN.

Watch for a lodge kitchen remodel!

Kait June 20, 2011 at 6:29 pm

Jaden may be PW’s friend but she has to be pretty steamed that Ree got a show before her. I never cared for Jaden so I don’t even bother with her site.

cath June 20, 2011 at 11:55 pm

Jaden’s been appearing on tv for several years now if I recall properly. Unlike PW at least she started with a connection to the food industry, and she can cook some pretty decent food.

With Jaden I’m jealous, with Ree I’m stumpified!

Debbie June 21, 2011 at 2:39 am

Wondering why she would do that. Steamykitchen gets about half a million pageviews a month. A lot I think but not nearly the traffic pw gets.

I noticed that when I clicked on an advertisement some time ago, it took me to a federated media page where I could buy ads for steamykitchen and it showed her monthly pageviews.

Indy Gal June 21, 2011 at 10:38 am
cath June 21, 2011 at 6:03 pm

This article gives a little more background to where she started… http://www.blogher.com/q-jaden-hair-steamy-kitchen

My memory obviously is a little fuzzy, but I used to read her religiously back then and knew she was doing more apart from her blog.

At least she is a bit more transparent from the start – I started a blog, approached the paper about doing stuff with them, practised my photography until i could get a bookdeal.

Not like someone else with the whole ‘little ol’ me’ rubbish.

Homschlr4ever June 20, 2011 at 8:20 pm

For a minute I couldn’t figure out the painting part, like in a painting they are doing together, PW and Jaden or painting their walls. I figured it out, duh!!! But, I did have a point. Do you remember Tiffany? Tiffany the singer Tiffany? No, you don’t. There is a god, hope and apple pie in America. From Okie dust you came to Okie dust you shall go.

Penny June 21, 2011 at 2:13 pm

I don’t have a problem with Jaden…she’s not my type of mommy blogger but that’s ok. But…I will say that her post about “balance” sort of pissed me off. It’s pretty freaking easy to “find balance” and “regain playfullness” when you have money don’t you think? And I don’t get how “going small” equates to buying a new home with multiple outbuildings, 5 acres, a pool and a mini-golf course. I mean WTF Jaden? And before anyone accuses me of being a hater, let me say this. I don’t hate Jaden…I don’t envy her success…girlfriend worked her ass off and she deserves what she has. I also appreciate that Jaden, unlike Ree, is honest enough to admit that her blog is a business, that she has help, and that she plans to build a tv studio on her property. Kudos for her honesty..I mean that. But how about giving back to mommy bloggers who are where she was 5 years ago? How about mentoring other bloggers? Why can’t she, and other successful bloggers like her somehow find a way to share their secrets of success w/out seeming like they’re bragging and coming across as slightly superior? Would I be the same if I were in her shoes? I don’t honestly know…but I do know if I was, ya’ll would call me out in a New York second. Is it Jaden’s fault I feel inferior? No….that’s probably my issue. I just wish reading stuff from her and people like her didn’t make me feel like a loser. Ever read Jen’s CakeWrecks blog? She’s hysterical, successful and feels just like one of us. Is that so hard Jaden? Ree? Dooce?

PWSux June 22, 2011 at 6:26 am

Can somebody fill me in on Jaden? Is that Steamy Kitchen? I’ve never even been there………. what are you guys talking about? LOL

Penny June 22, 2011 at 7:58 am

Yes…Jaden in Steamy Kitchen. The post I mention is about her new home.

Mary Beth June 21, 2011 at 2:48 pm

I’m thinking she got a helluva deal on a foreclosure. The property looks a bit run down. At least she won’t have to worry about alligators in the pool. Some pool area. Does anyone know what her husband does. I hope he contributed and she wasn’t able to do all that with her cookbook and her blog. If so, I need to get going on The Lazy Girl’s Guide to Life — like tomorrow or next month or next year.

Kristina June 20, 2011 at 4:20 pm

Please help me with this stupid, stupid question; I can’t get it out of my head. (I got caught in a traffic jam this afternoon after I read Pienear Woman’spitch perfect, doggone freakin’ brilliant Chapter Three installment of _Black Pumps to Rotting Stumps_, then I couldn’t solve this conundrum. When gREEd says”I love you more than my luggage!” does she mean:
a) I love you more than I love my luggage!
or
b) I love you more than my luggage loves you!

Please help me make it stop; it’s hurting my brain.

Kait June 20, 2011 at 4:58 pm

PW got the line from Steel Magnolias. I always thought it was rather sarcastic.
We now say things like “luv ya more than my pencil case”. Meaning I LOVE my pencil case but I LOVE you more.

Jen June 20, 2011 at 8:54 pm

Anyone notice that PW removed the picture of herself from that little “about” section on her homepage and put that poor cowgirl without an arm back up? Strange.

Melisssa June 21, 2011 at 10:51 am

I have made a couple of negative comments on her site lately just to see how they are handled (and nothing that was even a big deal) and know I’ve notice NONE of my comments ever appear. Very odd.

Penny June 21, 2011 at 12:40 pm

Nothing odd about it Melisssa…in the perfect land of rainbows and unicorns that is PW’s world, if you ain’t kissing her ass, chances are your comment will never see the light of day. This just validates what we’ve been saying here all along….glad she continues to prove us right.

PWP June 21, 2011 at 1:16 pm

So today in the “Storms/Confessions” PW plays the Christian religious card. And oh how the comments flowed in, loving her “faith.” I have some doubts that Ree is all that religious, due to her early posts. But hey, if you can sucker more hits by such untrue posts (typos today too)…by all means, go for it.

P.S. For Melissa: there are NO negative comments allowed by PW/staff.

Kristina June 21, 2011 at 1:46 pm

This is so nuts? Struggling? Vulnerable? WTF? It’s not so much the Hallmark card religiosity that gets me as much as the hypocritical claims of economic insecurity.

I mean, if the cattle die of thirst, there’s the oil, and the multi-milliondollar blog, and the FN show royalites, and the best selling book.

I don’t mind that she’ rich; I mind that she cries poormouth when she’s filthy rich, and so many people are hungry and homeless. It’s so, unChristian, really.

” But in my experience, people who make their living on the land they own–people who fight to keep it all together and make it all work–tend to have a faith in God that’s constant and unshakable.
I understand why. In agriculture, there are so many things that affect what you do. Many of them are entirely outside of your control. Weather, disaster, markets, supply, demand, drought. A farmer or rancher can do the best he can do with the tools and skills he’s been given…but ultimately, there are so many things he can’t predict or orchestrate. Ultimately, any agricultural operation is a vulnerable thing. Ultimately, a few of dry years–whether it be rainfall amounts or market prices–can turn a flourishing agricultural operation into a struggling one.
Or a struggling one into a nonexistent one.
The possibility is always there.”

Paula S. June 21, 2011 at 2:14 pm

I agree. I thought the claim of economic uncertainty was phony, and an insult to ranchers who really do have worries. The religious part didn’t ring true to me either. Actually, I didn’t think the post seemed like her writing—too serious.

Bridget June 21, 2011 at 3:20 pm

Today’s post was like. Totally. Grody. Like gag me with a spoon. Oh wow that just gave me a migraine.

I am not sure if Ree wrote this post because to me is sounded more like it was written by OMSH especially the part about the storm making her feel small. OMSH uses that wording often in her writing especially when talking about the vastness of nature, but then again I have found that people of the Christian faith all seem to utilize the same phrases and words when discussing god.

So who knows and we all know that Ree isn’t afraid of stealing from others and not giving credit, so maybe she just used OMSH phrase. Not faze or phase but phrase. Because those two words are so fucking hard to figure out how to use correctly. I. die.

I know many farmers, ranchers, chicken raisers, etc and I have found that a vast majority of them are necessarily people of faith, but more so that they know that nature does not care about us. Nature is the ultimate power and we are just merely another species living at the whims and mercy of whatever nature decides to do. Nature is their god.

It pisses me off how she paints this romantic picture of live on a ranch, on a farm, out in the country and it isn’t even remotely true. That kind of life is hard work and for most medium- small farmers there is not much reward. Also I am starting to seriously doubt that Ladd or Tim or Missy etc, actually are working on the ranch day in and day out because their skin is way too nice. Most farmers that I know have a hide in place of their skin.

Julie June 21, 2011 at 4:44 pm

@Bridget – “Also I am starting to seriously doubt that Ladd or Tim or Missy etc, actually are working on the ranch day in and day out because their skin is way too nice. Most farmers that I know have a hide in place of their skin.”

aha! so that’s it! maybe ree WAS doing all the working with the cattle… because the skin on her neck and face look like old leather w/o all the botox. or, she could be photochopping them like she does her kids.

PWSux June 22, 2011 at 6:25 am

Missy is beautiful and seems smart, maybe she uses sunscreen? LOL

Charlie June 22, 2011 at 10:48 am

The Drummond women invest in La Mer cream I betcha.

Indy Gal June 26, 2011 at 10:24 am

Well, Charlie, if Ree invests in it, she doesn’t use it!

Mary Beth June 22, 2011 at 12:02 am

I think the Osage tribe outsmarted the people to whom they sold the land. I read somewhere that they sold them the land but retained the mineral rights, so even if the Drummonds found oil it would belong to the Osage.

ateupcowgirl June 9, 2012 at 8:27 pm

Any and all minerals (oil, gas, etc.) and water found on ANY land in Osage county is property of the Osage tribe and there is no way around that, even if the property owner is an Osage Indian, the proceeds go to the tribe to be distributed. The Drummonds get no head right proceeds as not one member of their family is Osage by blood.

The PW is not liked at all around here. We all think she needs the stick surgically removed from her ass. Being a fuckwit doesn’t excuse bad behavior and in most folks eyes, she’s just the resident gold digger of the Drummond clan.

Skattebol June 25, 2011 at 8:42 pm

My boyfriend’s father is a farmer in Kentucky; he and his wife are Nazarene and are faithful to their religion. My boyfriend’s brother-in-law is also a farmer and is Baptist. I have spent a lot of time with both and never have I heard from either that religion has anything to do with their farming methods or selling of crops or cattle. They both work really, really hard to ensure a fruitful year for them and their families. They both have strong beliefs in an organized religion, but do not use it for their livelihood, instead, using a deep-seeded belief in their knowledge of farming.

Melisssa June 21, 2011 at 2:48 pm