I’m sober but Ree clearly isn’t

by PWSux on June 27, 2011

Did anyone, anyone, understand what the hell poor Ree was talking about in her post today? That whole paragraph about the angst she wrestles with when meeting people….. what. the. fuck?

Since I happen to be sober for the next few minutes, allow me this moment of clarity while I explain to Ree that if it’s true about this angst she has with meeting new people or agonizing over the semantics of these meetings then perhaps she might not want to open her tax-write-off-television-studio guesthouse to random strangers.

I mean, call me crazy but I do find it a bit odd that someone who proclaims to be that freaked out about such things would invite strangers – hell, have CONTESTS – to come stay on her property. Isn’t that……. odd?

So that begs the question, if she’s “keepin’ it real” then what about her IS “real”? Is there ANYTHING left?

Paula S. June 27, 2011 at 3:22 pm

She did say her brain wasn’t awake yet, and I can’t argue with that! (Am I first??)

PWSux June 27, 2011 at 3:24 pm

You are first! You win, you win!

Cat, Chaps and Emma June 27, 2011 at 11:16 pm

May I crawl out from the basement to see what we win if we are first? I heard it was a visit to the rainbow nether regions of MMs schwetty balls. If so, I will stay in my dank basement, drinking from box wine. Slurp!

Rhonda June 27, 2011 at 3:32 pm

Dadgum it all to hay-ell! I wanted to be first, y’all!

Anyhoo. There is no “real” for Ree. There is no there there.

an2434 June 27, 2011 at 3:46 pm

I dunno about this, but I just found out about PW a couple of weeks ago when a friend suggested I enter her photography contest (she gives away $350 gift cards to BH Photo). Being a professional photographer, I decided to enter (I have no other interest in PW) and honestly had an image that should have made it to the finalists but didn’t. Whatever, no biggie. Except… she chose freaking SCANNED-IN 25-year old photos in the lot of finalists! Photography is subjective, and I didn’t expect to win. I’m not bitter about that.

My problem is that if you’re going to have a photography contest, it should be a photography contest. If you’re going to have a contest to see who can enter any picture that you like the most, then you should advertise that, not a photography contest. And no offense, but her photography is not good enough that she should be giving out advice. I read some article she wrote on tips and tricks to photographing food, and it was totally bogus. She doesn’t know what she’s talking about.

Kait June 27, 2011 at 3:56 pm

Amen! Her photography sucks! Photoshop is her god.

an2434 June 27, 2011 at 4:07 pm

Photoshop is just a tool, but it should NOT be a “god,” as you say. I’m really curious to see her RAW images. I’m sure they’re, uhm, special.

Photographers who know how to light do not need to rely on Photoshop to create the end result.

Check this out:

Sorry, but a) the original photo is actually better than her edits (I like to keep my photographs true to the color environment in which they were shot) and b) if you want your photo to be color corrected, you should learn how to light. Ree Drummond does not know how to light. And sorry, but I call BS on giving out some advice to show you to make a small color adjustment and hit “Grayscale” or “desaturate” in Photoshop. I would love to make money giving out BS advice. That would be awesome.

Kait June 27, 2011 at 4:10 pm

I am betting if you gave her a real camera. I mean one that takes film, and not a button encrusted digital one, she would not know what the hell to do with it.

an2434 June 27, 2011 at 4:14 pm

Nope. And there would be no “fixin” in Photoshop…

Melissa June 27, 2011 at 4:14 pm

I agree. Original was much better.

an2434 June 27, 2011 at 4:14 pm

Glad I’m not the only one.

kate June 27, 2011 at 5:18 pm

Back when Ree and I were speaking (meaning she didn’t block my comments), I left a nice (really, it was) suggestion that I liked her older pictures better before she found all her “actions”. I said that also that MM’s raw photos of the bulls fighting were better than anything she had taken of cows lately, because he captured a real moment those of us not living on ranches could marvel at.

She obviously didn’t care. Ree likes her images Disneyfied and Bedazzled.

Miriam June 27, 2011 at 5:57 pm

Ana it would be amazing if you wrote a post correcting statements she made in her “instructional posts”, as in what you would have done as a professional to correct the image.

an2434 June 28, 2011 at 10:26 am

I posted something in one of her comment threads, but she didn’t approve it, so it never made it on the site.

Rachel June 28, 2011 at 7:19 am

I totally agree about the original being better than the photoshopped ones. I love how everyone is seeing the “light,” no pun intended. Including myself.

Anne June 28, 2011 at 12:29 am

I think you’re spot on – it’s a contest to see who can submit the photos she likes the best, and therefore they look the same in every contest. My style of photography will NEVER make the cut in her book, and though I’m not a pro I do take a good one now and then.

Her choices are *so* predictable.

an2434 June 28, 2011 at 10:32 am

Yeah, it just doesn’t make ANY sense. If you’re going to have a photography contest and offer a giftcard to THE camera store (BH Photo) then you need to actually have a photography contest.

Jen June 28, 2011 at 8:48 am

If you pay attention you will see the same names repeatedly among her photo finalists. She has favorites. I used to try, but I don’t bother anymore. I don’t for a second believe that she looks at and considers each entry.

an2434 June 28, 2011 at 10:35 am

I don’t believe she does, either. Because quite honestly, the image I submitted was pretty effing good.

Mo (just another) June 28, 2011 at 11:06 am

I just looked at the funny face semi-finalists. MizBooshay? REALLY? Out of THOUSANDS of submissions of budding photographers who could really use a boost being featured on a PW contest, she chooses one of her regular photography contributors?

And some of those faces just were not funny … more painful and/or awkward and/or trying too hard to be funny than actually funny.

Sarida June 28, 2011 at 11:08 am

I completely agree. I’m by no means a pro, but I have taken some pretty good shots over the years. I recently entered a “water” contest she had & submitted this photo which I think is totally awesome:

This is the one that won, which isn’t bad:

But when I saw THIS one made it as a runner-up, I knew she was 3 sheets to the wind!

PWSux June 28, 2011 at 11:12 am

You photo was SO COOL!!

Kait June 28, 2011 at 11:29 am

Oh your photo is GREAT.

Paula S. June 28, 2011 at 11:34 am

Your photo was great! The winner was clever, but yours was more artistic. That third one should never have seen the light of day.

Grace June 28, 2011 at 1:37 pm

Sarida, Your photo was extraordinary! I wish I could take pictures like that!

anon. June 28, 2011 at 2:36 pm

Great photo, Sarida!

I don’t even bother looking at the photos in her “contest” anymore. I decided a long time ago that we had different tastes. 😉
I do think the current funny face contest is strange. Who cares about photos where people are crossing their eyes, and/or sticking out their tongues, for the sole purpose of mugging for the camera?

Amanda June 28, 2011 at 2:36 pm

The third shot was a runner up????? Are you kidding?

Sarida June 28, 2011 at 3:36 pm

Thanks, everyone!

JennNY June 28, 2011 at 3:52 pm

I LOVE LOVE LOVE this photo…

Hey PWsux, let’s do our own photo contests! 🙂

Jo June 28, 2011 at 5:30 pm

Your shot should have won. Hands down.

Mee Mee July 12, 2011 at 1:11 pm

Suggestion….

Can we have a photography contest here? Submit the crappiest photo, overly actioned photo, alien eyed children photo, glowing green grass photo, or something?

Mee Mee July 12, 2011 at 1:14 pm

opppps just saw JennNY’s comment about this. That’ll teach me to skip comments….

AuntBee June 27, 2011 at 3:59 pm

Arrrggghhh my eyes! That is one real picture.

Kait June 27, 2011 at 4:01 pm

Hey PW Suxs where did you get that picture?

PWSux June 27, 2011 at 4:08 pm

Someone posted it in the forums.

JennNY June 28, 2011 at 3:53 pm

Someone needs to photoshop that badboy.. that is seriously the most nasty picture of her I’ve seen!

Peaches June 29, 2011 at 11:11 am

Agreed. She looks really rough…rode hard and put up wet as Mom would say.

janet July 8, 2011 at 4:25 pm

I know my comment is late…just catching up on posts, but I agree, that photo is pretty REAL, as someone already said! She’s REEly showing her age!

Indy Gal June 27, 2011 at 4:07 pm

Ree’s writing is getting more and more difficult to read.

Kait June 27, 2011 at 4:11 pm

Isn’t it just? Seems perhaps she is letting her teenage daughter write it for her.

Indy Gal June 27, 2011 at 4:23 pm

I’ll bet her daughter would write better, not worse. On the other hand….she’s homeschooled supposedly by Ree.

PWSux June 27, 2011 at 4:25 pm

What I find amazing is that now that the cat’s out of the bag and it’s known she has teachers, her fans don’t care. I admit I’m surprised at that.

Mo (just another) June 28, 2011 at 6:53 am

Did she actually admit to teachers? I have been super busy for all of June, and haven’t been going there much lately, and not reading deeply when I do — I’m just skimming enough to barely keep up with y’all. It appears I am covered in fail sauce, however.

I don’t mind. It’s lemony. Fail sauce is my life!

And of course the damn sheeples don’t care. At least not in the comments that pass her high ass-kiss-ability standards.

Debbie June 28, 2011 at 8:03 am

I’m really curious what the homeschooling community will say though.

JennNY June 28, 2011 at 3:55 pm

WHAT??????? now you are telling us your a man???? “if I was a betting man”… LOL

Peaches June 29, 2011 at 11:13 am

Maybe it’s all the “PW Sangria” she’s ingesting with her meds. I had some this weekend (not my choice, I didn’t make it) and it is seriously potent. No mixer AT ALL. She’s completely sloshed.

Paula S. June 27, 2011 at 4:28 pm

Yes it is. It’s as if nonsensical stream of consciousness drivel is an attempt to be funny. There are plenty of bloggers out there who ARE funny and still make sense. Oddly, over on the forum, someone posted one of her pieces from 2006 about learning from another girl to say bad words, and it was sort of funny, and better written than her recent posts.

Kristina July 2, 2011 at 1:26 pm

oh dear, PW Sux

You have me speculating that you are really Pesky Tim, or Cowboy Josh! Say it isnt so, “betting man”!

Indy Gal June 27, 2011 at 4:28 pm

I don’t think she knows anymore what’s real and what’s not. I’m not sure if she knows where Ann-Marie Smith Drummond ends and Pioneer Woman starts. I think it’s all become a big blur for her.

Mary Beth June 27, 2011 at 5:55 pm

This doesn’t have anything to do with today’s post but just something I wanted to share with you all. I couldn’t sleep last night so I got up and flipped on the TV. There was an old I Love Lucy rerun on and I had to come to the conclusion that Ree really does channel Lucy. It was one of the usual segments where Lucy was trying to get into show business via Desi’s nightclub act. He needed a ballerina so of course Lucy said she had taken ballet when she was girl a and in fact in a performance she had played the part of (wait for it) Petunia.

Zoe September 2, 2011 at 1:34 pm

Well that explains where Petunia came from. I have never associated PW with Lucille Ball – ever. It’s an insult to Lucille.

Kay@BlueSpeckledPup June 27, 2011 at 7:10 pm

I think Ree doesn’t want to be herself, and clearly the manufactured country bumpkin Ree is not flying well lately, as supported by the growing numbers of people who are done with her lies. So now she’s playing the role of a woman who won’t be herself, can’t be her fake persona, and is now working on a third character to share with the world. If she’s so confused, how are the rest of us supposed to keep up?

Perhaps we are on the verge of a complete and total meltdown? I would make popcorn to watch that one.

Kim June 27, 2011 at 7:20 pm

Agreed! And I’ll bring the Margaritas!

Kay@BlueSpeckledPup June 27, 2011 at 7:31 pm

Maybe we should have margarine on our popcorn, just to be ornery?

HollyJay June 28, 2011 at 7:49 am

No, no!

OLEO!!

OH-LEE-O!

OOOOHHHHHHLLLLLEEEEOOOO!!!!

Cat, Chaps and Emma June 27, 2011 at 7:32 pm

When it happens we need a chat room!

Kim June 28, 2011 at 9:29 am

A group Skype!!

Kay@BlueSpeckledPup June 28, 2011 at 10:34 pm

Can we have matching t-shirts made? That would make my day.

Kim June 27, 2011 at 7:23 pm

Yeah, and that picture is heinous. Cleary no Photoshop went into the making of that puppy. [shiver]

Cat, Chaps and Emma June 27, 2011 at 7:31 pm

gREEd can only photochop her own site where all negativity is forbidden. Welcome to the internet gREEd. Some of us like to keep it really real!

May M June 27, 2011 at 7:42 pm

I was thinking the same thing! I can’t get over the picture. I kept asking “is that really her?” I wonder if she’s betting getting botox’ed up lately.

Debbie June 28, 2011 at 12:41 am

She looks like a witch. All she needs now is a broomstick to fly away on.

mollys June 28, 2011 at 9:42 am

**snort** chokes on coffee laced vodka… no wonder the flowwwyyyyy tops LOL

OhREEly June 27, 2011 at 7:35 pm

Sounds to me like she watched the movie “Sliding Doors” over the weekend – and in her mind, she’s Gwyneth Paltrow.

Cat, Chaps and Emma June 27, 2011 at 8:23 pm

Love that movie!

missy June 27, 2011 at 7:56 pm

Is that picture for real? Like, is that seriously what that woman looks like? She looks nothing like that in any picture I’ve seen!

Cat, Chaps and Emma June 27, 2011 at 8:25 pm

It was taken by a fan. Yes it is REEally REEL!

M June 27, 2011 at 8:34 pm

I tried to read the first paragraph of that blog entry today and gave up. What a god awful mess. Does anyone on her staff read over the crap that just spews out of her tiny brain before the world see it?

Her writing is getting worse! I honestly did not think that possible.

sparkly jules June 27, 2011 at 8:39 pm

She guest-posted over at Uppercasewoman.com the other day, and it was actually pretty good (if she actually wrote it). If she went back to that type of writing, I might actually visit her blog again. Well, that and if she starts keeping it “really REAL.”

Jules

whatnow June 29, 2011 at 8:53 am

Well, except that post was fully drenched in stupidity. Really, she wants to return to olden times when dating didn’t exist? Yes, dating didn’t exist, bgecause girls got married at childbearing age, so, 13-16 was a prime marriage age. In addition, most marriages were viewed as an exchange of property, right?

This nostalgia for once upon a time is the stupidest thing she could have come up with.

MakeItStop June 29, 2011 at 2:29 pm

I would not have predicted overlap between Cecily’s audience and Ree’s, and I sure as heck would not have expected an amen chorus for a post that celebrates gender stereotyping and betrays an amazing ignorance of history.

I’m curious about the back story — why would a feminist want a guest post from Ree? Did She of a Thousand Peasant Blouses insist?

Charlie June 29, 2011 at 10:39 pm

I think they’re twitter friends. Remember someone saying that gReed talks to a guy who makes vulgar jokes or something like that. Twitter is her only link to the outside world.

Debbie July 9, 2011 at 12:37 pm

I think the guest post she did at uppercasewoman is already gone. Or I used a wrong link.

Eunice Burns/Schadenfreude Warehouse June 27, 2011 at 9:20 pm

Started reading PW out of curiosity and then quickly tired of the bovine photography. Have family in Oklahoma who think she’s the next Oprah–but honestly–I can’t take the pretending that she faces the same worries as the rest of us. To a large degree, her followers are people who–even when faced with the fact that she’s not all she pretends to be–give her a pass. She doesn’t write most of her stuff anymore (and when she does, it’s lame), she doesn’t really homeschool (and I’m not really a fan of homeschooling), and her site is maintained by paid professionals who delete anything that tarnishes her image with the truth. Hmmm….maybe she IS Oprah.

mollys June 28, 2011 at 9:44 am

seriously the next oprah???? again choking on the coffeee laced vodka, if shes oprah i am the midget at the end of the rainbow riding a unicorn with a pot o gold in one hand and vodka in the other…

d June 27, 2011 at 9:35 pm

*First Time Commenter*
Been reading an awful lot of interesting things over the course of this day (Pie Near Woman, Marlboro Woman and this blog to name a few) and have discovered others have been thinking the same thing as me…this PW is pretty much a freakin’ fake. Thanks. I’ve bookmarked a bunch of REAL new blogs today.

Kay@BlueSpeckledPup June 28, 2011 at 12:48 am

Oh wow. I just clicked on the photo on the top right of the homepage, the one that says, “she thinks she’s smiling,” and you’ve titled it “Ree-black-fat.” I’m afraid to see what you called the one that heads this post.

nadia June 28, 2011 at 2:43 am

Although most of us couldn’t understand what she was trying to say, her fans, on the other hand, seem to be enlightened with that post:

“LOL! Hysterical! I love your reasoning”

“Ree your mental conversations sound like many many of mine.”

“Don’t worry, you’re not alone. My thought processes sound a lot like yours.”

“i have this very conversation with myself every time i have to leave the house”

“I think this may be my favorite post yet…It was almost as if one of the voices in my head had written it.”

“Wow! Those were impressive philosophical reflections! ”

“What a thought provoking post, Ree.”

“I can so relate!!!”

“Yoga pants are a testament that God is a Woman, only a woman could invent such comfy chic little creations!”

” I am often thinking of a way to get into your kitchen with my good friend and “anut in law” …”

FiveO June 28, 2011 at 5:58 am

She is “Philosophical”??? And that last comment would scare the yoga pants off of me. Her followers are some scary people.

nadia June 28, 2011 at 7:03 am

I know!

Kim June 28, 2011 at 9:29 am

Wait…”thought provoking”and “philosophical”?????

I just…
I mean…
uh…

her sheeple leave me speechless.

Hellen Wheels June 28, 2011 at 12:34 pm

I thought the “voices in my head” comments told us a LOT about PDumb’s fans.

And that crazy woman who “wants to get into her kitchen” with her friends? Stalker-alert. I wonder how long it will be until some loony actually DOES show up at the ranch uninvited? (Disclaimer: I would not want that to happen, to anyone. But her fan base is made up of nuts .)

The Marlboro Woman June 28, 2011 at 6:03 am

I’ll never understand what Ladd Drummond saw in this woman. If Ree looks that bad at 42, geez what’s going to happen when she’s 52?

Indy Gal June 28, 2011 at 8:12 am

Hell, I’m 62 and don’t look anything like that!

mollys June 28, 2011 at 9:45 am

hey i am 52 and i dont look like i was rode hard and put up wet…

Badbopeep June 28, 2011 at 10:54 am

I’m six months older than Ree… and at the moment, I look like shit. Unlike Ree, some of us EARN the right to look haggard. I just finished a 16 hour shift of hard labor… However, if I wanted to, I could really magnify the look with the Broomhilda black eye-liner.

May M June 28, 2011 at 11:00 am

Not only was I thinking that but I was wondering about Betsy. How much younger is she than PW? If (and this is a mighty big butter slathered if) Betsy’s photos aren’t “enhanced” she still looks super young compared to PDub in this shot. I almost feel bad for her.

Mary Beth June 28, 2011 at 9:28 am

I have to admit I enjoyed the photos of the funny face babies. All those gassy, colicy faces are hilarious. But the funniest one is by The Hudster in Group 1. Did PWSux secretely enter one of her offspring? That precious baby gives the best demonstration ever of what” 3 sheets to the wind” looks like.

mollys June 28, 2011 at 10:31 am

off the subject at hand…while i sit here in my mint green chemise, applying butter and sipping by coffee laced vodka i had a thought… what happened to Margaret Thatcher, did the drummonds find her and lock her back in the basement? just wondering…

AuntBee June 28, 2011 at 11:05 am

I was wondering that this morning too.

Suze June 28, 2011 at 2:29 pm

I was wondering the same thing!

Margaret Thatcher June 29, 2011 at 2:44 pm

I’m still here!

Margaret Thatcher June 29, 2011 at 2:58 pm

There aren’t that many basements in Osage County. Something about the soil.

mollys June 28, 2011 at 10:32 am

‘my’ see what tooo much coffee so early will do to ones typing ability…

mollys June 28, 2011 at 10:33 am

‘my’

Ree-per June 28, 2011 at 11:26 am

I’m now terrified for our country. I just read the Cats v. Basset post and the comments. The cutest post ever? Really? I won’t get political but the following of certain political groups is suddenly making a lot of sense to me.

Paula S. June 28, 2011 at 11:47 am

On the forum we’ve been wondering where the cat was. Sure enough, now there is a post with a lot about him. However, I didn’t see a single cat shot that I thought was new. So still, where is the cat?

Kait June 28, 2011 at 11:44 am

Yee Haw the work of the PW Suxs crew works strikes again. A cat post! Still no proof the cat is actually still alive. She probably takes pics of the animals like crazy when they first show up just so she has a reserve for when they “disappear”.

PWSux June 28, 2011 at 12:21 pm

I’m in shock. Do they not realize this is like the fourth time just this month they’ve done that? It’s actually kind of freaking me out! LOL

Hellen Wheels June 28, 2011 at 12:39 pm

Hah! I called that one yesterday! And…..maybe that is just an old photo of the cat. I demand my usual proof: the cat WITH a copy of today’s newspaper!

Reeformed June 28, 2011 at 12:14 pm

Does anybody know why the cat doesn’t have a tail? Did she explain that in one of her posts and I just glazed over it?

Her lackadaisical attitude towards all her animals makes me cringe.

>>>Another fist-timer, but happy to find kindred spirits<<<

Cat_Rancher June 28, 2011 at 12:53 pm

On the cat’s tail- he’s a stray, so we don’t really know, but I’m pretty sure he’s a Manx-or at least part Manx- and they don’t usually have tails, but are very smart. We had a stray “stumpy” Manx show up at our house (we called her Bob- original, I know- but better than “kitty-kitty”). “Stumpy” Manx cats can have pretty bad arthritis in their backs. We eventually had to put Bob down because she could no longer use her back legs without great pain. I’m guessing either K-K couldn’t get away from the coyotes (or cars) or he opened the gate and got the heck out of Dodge. (Bob could open cabinet doors even though her previous owners had declawed her!)
Sorry to “cat-jack” the thread, but Kitty-kitty is kosher- even though a lot of the animals they have aren’t. I’ve been done for a while, but that hot horse post was the last straw.

BK June 28, 2011 at 12:25 pm

I couldn’t get to the end of the craziness; way too hard to read…

Oh I know exactly how she’ll bring in the teachers…..” hey everyone….you know I have started the new show and am SOOO busy with taking dog pictures and sunsets….A friend of mine has a daughter that graduated with her degree in education and she is going to “help” me with teaching the kids. I am trying so hard to keep everything picture perfect, but the other day one of the younguns couldn’t do his ABC’s so I thought it was time to bring in some help…love ya !”

Mary Beth June 28, 2011 at 1:11 pm

BK,

She or her minions will probably be over here “appropriating” the ideas in your post. Possibly word-for-word.

HollyJay June 28, 2011 at 1:07 pm

The whole “pursing your lips to make your dimples stand out” isn’t really working for her.

It makes her look :
A) Like she’s trying to hold back a fart.
B) She didn’t hold back a fart and the smell is getting to her.
c) She just ate a big ole greasy MM sandwich and it’s coming back to haunt her.

Heather June 28, 2011 at 2:12 pm

Oh my gosh, you’re right, that’s what she’s doing (pursing her lips to make dimples stand out)!!! I always wondered why she did that weird half-smile with her mouth shut. Wow, that says a lot right there about her, huh?

Kait June 28, 2011 at 3:43 pm

You didn’t realize that? She is obviously jealous of her sister’s dimples and feels she really has them, they are just hidden.

Jean June 28, 2011 at 1:30 pm

Hi def television will not be kind to her. No sirreee. Not one little bit.

Amanda June 28, 2011 at 2:41 pm

Gotta say the picture is terrible. She looks old and haggard and just plain old worn out. Too much butter? She looks about 60 and that’s being kind.

Indy Gal June 29, 2011 at 8:52 am

She doesn’t even look good for 60! I think she looks like it’s all getting to be too much and she’s hitting the bottle hard and often.

Sarida June 28, 2011 at 3:34 pm

I believe that photo is a screen shot from a clip when the local TV station interviewed her. (You can find it here: http://www.newson6.com/story/13964566/meet-the-pioneer-woman-ree-drummond)
And she DOES look bloated, haggard, worn and old. It’s GOT to be all that butter!!

Indy Gal June 28, 2011 at 5:29 pm

I think it’s the booze on her nightstand!

Jo June 29, 2011 at 12:20 am

She looks awful…! Next comes the face life and the makeover. I wonder if she’ll blog about that.

Jo June 29, 2011 at 12:21 am

I meant face lift. Typo…

Britt June 29, 2011 at 8:18 am

Oh, no. She will never admit to needing plastic surgery. What she WILL do is to post something like this:
Dear Devoted Mis-lead Readers,
Some of you have commented on my new glow. Thank you. Keep it coming. Because I love you more than my luggage. And I love the attention. (After all, I AM a middle child.)
My glow is the result of many hours spent in my garden tending the crops, and getting some good ol’ fresh country air.
(insert Photoshopped picture of veggies)
Because I’m all about keeping’ it real, MM (who can do no harm & is too handsom for words) has put the tingle in my hiney like there’s no tomorrow. Adding to my youthful glow.

(insert ANOTHER Photoshopped pic of MM’s butt)

And last, but not least, the big reason for my new youthful glow is you, my dear devoted reader. Yes, YOU.
Every ooohh & aaahhh. Every “I love you soooo much” makes me glow. And every dollar I get when you stop by this lil ol blog to gush over me, gives me the biggest glow of all.

Zoe September 2, 2011 at 1:41 pm

It’s a little scary how accurately you just mimicked her writing.

Indy Gal June 29, 2011 at 8:56 am

Anyone read the comments to that piece, especially those written by “Nan.” Very supportive of Ree and Ladd Drummond. Gee, I wonder why? 😉

Kait June 29, 2011 at 3:15 pm

You are right. That is exactly where it was copied from. I watched the damn thing and speaking of dimples – when the dumbass REALLY smiles she DOES have dimples. So why not just frickin’ SMILE woman. That smirk sucks.

Shawnda June 29, 2011 at 3:35 pm

Wow. So several things went through my mind while I was watching this:
1. She looks AWFUL! Is that really what she looks like? That’s not what she looks like in her cookbook or on her website. yikes!!
2. She mentions that all of this success has to “run through the filter of her life.” In that statement, she lists homeschooling as one of the things that takes priority over her success, but hasn’t she proven that when homeschooling gets in the way of her success, she’ll just hire someone to do it for her? In fact, hasn’t she proven in other areas of her life that, should her success come up against her life, she’ll choose her success over her life any day?
3. Ladd Drummond is cute! Why does he put up w/being married to a woman who has lived in the country for 14.5 years and still doesn’t know how to saddle a horse?

Kristina July 2, 2011 at 1:39 pm

The other thing is, he looks at her like she is made of gold. Ladd certainly “has the eyes of love’ for Ree. That’s something real, anyway, despite all the lies, butter, and mint knit chemises. He’s crazy about her.

Jo June 28, 2011 at 5:39 pm

Ree Drummond must have something going for her, but I’m d*amned if I know what it is. She now has a TV show, an article about her in the very prestigious New Yorker magazine, and an upcoming Hollywood movie with an “A” list actress (Reese Witherspoon) playing her. Did everyone just suddenly stumble into a parallel universe? Because in my universe, Ree Drummond and her blog and her writing and her cows and horses and children and her gawd-awful cooking and … blah, blah … are just about as boring as they can possibly be. There is nothing extraordinary about any of it ~~ at all.

bland/bland/Adjective
1. Lacking strong features or characteristics and therefore uninteresting.
2. (of food or drink) Mild or insipid

Please, someone, tell me what I am missing… 🙂 Oh, well, I guess I will discover the magic when I watch the movie.

d June 28, 2011 at 6:10 pm

I think you might be missing the part where she’s all about being a huge-mungous fake (yah, real word) and most of America must be total gullible idiots. I was one for almost a year. And for the record there will be no *movie* for me. Cause like “shucks y’all if I had to suffer through an epic *love story* (uh huh, more like crock of crap) such as that I would surely melt like the Wicked Witch of the West when she got water thrown on her.

Kait June 28, 2011 at 6:11 pm

Only if you drink copiously before hand.

Mary Beth June 28, 2011 at 7:02 pm

I remember Joan Rivers on TV saying one time as actresses got older they used gause filters on the cameras. Her line was that before her face lift they shot her through enough layers of gause to make lineloeum. There is hope for Ree

d June 28, 2011 at 7:26 pm

Oh my gawd…go see…
(sorry I’m not good at html crap – copy and paste it).
Maybe this suck up of an misinformed Kool-aide drinker will get a personal invite to the “RANCH” and stay in the LODGE and gets fed lots of butter, butter, butter and bullshit!!!

angela June 28, 2011 at 7:51 pm

holy batshit crazy! i didn’t even read all of it – i stopped after i saw the word “goddess” being used sincerely – but seeing the pictures was enough. reminds me of teenage girls writing to their (obvious soul mate) celebrity crushes

Ganners June 28, 2011 at 8:05 pm

I just threw up a little.
That chick is bat shit nutters. She will be the one to show up at the ranch uninvited.

Mary Beth June 28, 2011 at 11:21 pm

Oh my goodness. This chick drained all the Kool Aid out of one of those Pottery Barn glass dispensers.

mollys June 29, 2011 at 12:14 am

she even licked the toad, creeeeepy….

Devorah June 29, 2011 at 2:42 am

The sugary tone of that post is giving me cavities. And the bright blue and yellow colour scheme is giving me hives. It makes the bedroom look like a giant Swedish flag.

Julie June 29, 2011 at 7:27 pm

it made me think of the ikea in carson, california. the painfully blue and yellow building, i mean. and i love ikea, but not as a color scheme. lol

Amanda June 29, 2011 at 6:33 am

That was creepy. An entire website devoted to the topic of her daughter’s new bedroom with a picture of her heroine. OMG!

Kim June 29, 2011 at 7:45 am

Wowee Wow. What scared me the most was the “measurements” based upon her interpretation of the blog. Woah. We’re in Single White Female territory here, ladies.

And that room? Cheeseandcrackers. Heinous.

Sunny June 29, 2011 at 8:40 am

I am thoroughly diasspointed that you have yet to comment on her “recipe” for today.

Sunny June 29, 2011 at 8:41 am

I am also disappointed that I misspelled “disappointed.” Shame on me.

PWSux June 29, 2011 at 8:55 am

Well, I’ll tell ya…… all I could think of when I read it was “thank GOD she included the recipe!”

See, boring.

No worries, I’m sure she’ll do something cringe-worthy soon. LOL

BK June 29, 2011 at 12:43 pm

Dear Christina

Seriously….get a hobby or work on “real” work……I’m embarrassed for you……

FiveO June 29, 2011 at 4:28 pm

The sad thing is that her followers really think she cares about them personally……..each and every one. They are just $$$ to her and she doesn’t even thank them for making her what she has become…….Richer!!!

Melissa June 29, 2011 at 4:29 pm

Oh my that girl is psycho!

Melissa June 29, 2011 at 4:30 pm

And her room design sucks!

Kait June 29, 2011 at 5:16 pm

Too true. I thought I was just being picky, but ICK.

PWSux June 29, 2011 at 5:32 pm

OMG look what just popped into my inbox! LOL

I didn’t see an email addy for her – I’d love to ask her if I could link or post that here. LOL

Cat, Chaps and Emma June 29, 2011 at 6:05 pm

Wow! Thank Gawd the word is spreading….

Kait June 29, 2011 at 6:11 pm

Maybe she is one of us already…

Julie June 29, 2011 at 7:35 pm

i clicked over and read that. left a comment even. thanks for sharing that url.

Zoe September 2, 2011 at 1:43 pm

Dang – it’s gone now. Was it trashing the story?

d June 29, 2011 at 7:23 pm

Looks like at least one more light bulb has clicked on.

d June 29, 2011 at 7:52 pm

sorry, i meant this reply up under PWSux’s last entry and in response to: http://debbieschroeder.typepad.com/my_weblog/2011/06/the-pioneer-woman-black-heels-and-tractor-wheels.html
guess i was so excited that someone else was seein’ the light!

Catherine June 29, 2011 at 11:01 pm

Maybe the Lord helped her. He does seem to be one of her buds.

Debbie June 30, 2011 at 2:00 am

Unrelated but this girl filmed her stay at the lodge and uploaded it to youtube.

Charlie June 30, 2011 at 9:44 am

Look at all of that liquor. Now I know she hits the sauce.

Catherine June 30, 2011 at 9:52 am

So funny how she is whispering during the filming. Wonder what she was doing there. The kitchen area is absolutely massive ; all the better to fit in lots of cameras !

Lily July 6, 2011 at 12:44 pm

A picture is worth a thousnad words. And that nasty one of Ree, is the truest representation of her so far. Way to go, PWSux!

SD September 17, 2012 at 3:08 pm

Every Sunday morning I work around the kitchen while Food Network is on. And as SOON as Ree Drummond comes on I HAVE TO TURN IT OFF. She has NO PERSONALITY. She can blog, and write, and have a TV show, but she can’t get her “menfolk” to eat a vegetable or help in the garden? Seriously? We have to watch her save pasta primavera for when the husband and kids are away? What a ridiculous show. I wouldn’t even be bothered to find her blog or website, or whatever she has. She’s an idiot.

fred e September 17, 2016 at 9:15 am

I think she needs a makeover! A short hair cut would look great on her!

Susieq February 28, 2017 at 1:20 pm

Hellooo PSW,

Your site cracks me up !

Where do you find all of these articles and blogs you are speaking of ? I’ve looked on the net but cant find.

Thanks,SQ

PWSux June 28, 2011 at 7:53 am

No she hasn’t admitted to it. Yet. If I was a betting man, I’d say she’s actually relishing me putting it out there because it seems to be getting her fans into a “Well sure she has teachers! I figured that, duh! She’s SOOOO super busy with everything else!” mode and once that is FULLY in place then I figured she’ll come out with it.

Go look at comment #37 on the Community Question post from the other day on her blog. See that reply from Tiff? That’s where they’re headed.

PWSux June 28, 2011 at 4:01 pm

LOL I wondered if anyone would catch that.