Sneak peek – Ham ‘n Beans

by PWSux on May 30, 2011

Looks like Ree has a recipe for Ham ‘n Beans (pintos and hamhocks) coming up, complete with over 25 pictures which you can see here if you have somehow forgotten how to cut an onion, pepper, or jalepeno.  There’s also explicit shots of rinsing beans, beans covered with water, Ree’s pink alien claw strategically placed over a bowl of beans (that one cracked me up!) and it’s so staged you’ll laugh.  And then there’s pictures of adding ingredients to the pot and then the whole mess simmering.

You know….. in case you’ve never seen a pot of beans before.

Suz May 30, 2011 at 4:44 pm

I looked at Flickr, too, today.

I had to laugh because I made a pot of pintos this weekend. How, oh how, did I do it without Ree’s step-by-step? I’m turning half the beans into refried; the other half will be gobbled up with lunches.

Because pintos are so. . .so. . .frontier; pioneer; so ethereal. Way to go Ree. You’re the best. (ha ha hee hee ha ha oh my god oh my ha ha hee).

Suz May 30, 2011 at 4:48 pm

BTW, your “Ladd and Ree are Idiots” post was excellent. Great job!!

Frumptastic May 30, 2011 at 7:19 pm

I think I’ll start a blog where I will take 50 pictures of me making microwaved meals and post elaborate descriptions of the process. It’s sure to be a hit!

Mo (just another) May 31, 2011 at 3:24 am

Make sure you get lots of “action shots” of pushing the buttons, and describe in detail the tone of the beeps. I will be your first fan!

toddwho23 May 31, 2011 at 6:29 am

Don’t forget to insert your pink alien hands. Gotta keep it real.

Maggie May 31, 2011 at 10:18 am

I want to see this.

Kait May 31, 2011 at 6:30 pm

Have you ever run across that website about “how to boil water”? It is hilarious in spots. If you made your microwave tutorials like that you would be an Internet sensation. 🙂

Peaches May 30, 2011 at 8:15 pm

I’m so glad she has a picture of the beans in the package. Otherwise I’d be lost. What a condescending bitch.

Penny May 31, 2011 at 8:36 am

That was probably for her “budget readers”!

Michele May 30, 2011 at 8:44 pm

May favorites will always be the buttered bread and chocolate milk. Up next pouring water into a glass!

Indy Gal May 31, 2011 at 10:26 am

I think Ina Garten may have beat her with a silly recipe. Remember, this was on her show yesterday:

poppy May 31, 2011 at 11:23 am

Indy Gal, You should check out FNHumor.com (if you haven’t already). They often post recipes as inane as the aforementioned and the comments are soo hilarious (frozen grapes, anyone?) 🙂

Penny June 2, 2011 at 1:07 pm

I love that site Poppy! Just think….we’ll be seeing our own Ree there before too long….can’t wait! Best part is…..if the Reebots spew any of their nonsense on that site, those bitches will chew them up and spit them out!

Jenny June 1, 2011 at 2:52 pm

By the way, that S’mores recipe SUCKS! Who makes Smore’s without a Hershey bar? And digestive biscuits??? Puhleeeeeze! Let’s keep it real with graham crackers! I guess Ina is in need of a better recipe. Frumptastic–you better address that on your microwave cuisine site.

Hellen Wheels May 30, 2011 at 9:27 pm

I think it’s gross that she doesn’t scrape down the inside of the pot before she takes the photo. This is what food stylists do – they don’t let the caked-on edges show. Sometimes it’s okay to show a spilled-over edge, like on a pie, but grunge on the inside of the cooking pot just makes it look like it’s been sitting around for a couple of hours.

poppy May 30, 2011 at 11:26 pm

Notice how she’s been tucking the knife under the food with just enough of the brand showing? Wusthof must be getting pretty excited! The FN Cooking show is soooo close! I wonder how much they pay her to feature the knife like that. I wonder how much more they’ll pay her to use their knives in the Little House on the Prairie Cooking Show. Golly!

When we were home in Indiana, we always attended a race day party that featured a cauldron of beans over a wood fire. Men truly enjoy poking the flames and stirring beans as they listen to the race (always blacked out) and drink their beers. Everyone threw $5 into the betting pool and picked drivers out of the hat. So, I guess I’m saying that I associate beans with Memorial Day Weekend. HOWEVER, something tells me that old Ree is not a big racefan. Do you think she made a pot of beans to feed hardworking cowboys as the FN crew rolled tape? Dinners on, ya hot stallions! Come and git it!

Gag me with a spoon!

anon. May 30, 2011 at 9:59 pm

Considering the temps hovered around 90 here today, I think I’ll skip this recipe. I need something light and refreshing for these summer days.

Karen May 31, 2011 at 8:40 am

I know, where are all the “Cowgirl Food” recipes for salads and such? I could see making beans in the summer if you use a Crockpot–I love my crockpot and use it to make everything in the summer, from meat loaf to corn on the cob, to cakes–but I don’t think PW would know a crockpot if it jumped up and bit her on the ankle. Not classy enough for her, I suppose. But for real-life busy people, who actually do homeschool and take care of their own house, a slow cooker can be a lifesaver when it comes to making meals. AND it saves energy and doesn’t heat up the house. My husband was so grateful when i started using the crockpot instead of the oven or stove in the summer.

The Marlboro Woman May 30, 2011 at 11:24 pm

Great detective work PWSux. Why doesn’t she use the photos from the bean soup recipe in her “cook” book? Hell, she just re-cycled some photo montage post from a year ago.

Not sure who wants to eat something this heavy with the high heat and oppressive humidity some areas of the country are experiencing. Oh wait…she must have rustled this up for the Food Network crew camping out at the ranch. Those people must be counting the days until…”it’s a wrap.”

poppy May 30, 2011 at 11:36 pm

I betcha they chow on McDonald’s and Sonic the second they escape her death grip/food disaster compound. Do you think she made the crew her world famous cinnamon rolls yet? I bet they all sit around, drink, and laugh their asses off every night and wonder WHATINTHEHELL brought them to this point in their lives. Can you just imagine what a horrible, freakin’ job that would be?! I feel so sorry for them.

The Marlboro Woman May 31, 2011 at 8:42 am

LOL, Poppy. You know Ree’s not doing the cooking with the shooting schedule and the rush to get the shows wrapped. I don’t know if they hired a local production company (out of Tulsa or OKC) or if they sent people from NYC. Maybe both. Either way, can you imagine having to spend the Memorial Day weekend listening to that shrill voice? The shear number of scenes they have to re-shoot when the moron messes up the script or throws in one of her lame attempts at humor must be unbearable. CUT!

Jenny June 1, 2011 at 2:55 pm

Or every time a bull walks by the kitchen window and she yells out something totally stupid.

Indy Gal May 31, 2011 at 8:40 am

Whoa — there’s a switch. It’s version three of the Marlboro Man Sandwich instead of the ham and beans.

Karen May 31, 2011 at 8:42 am

Wow, I wonder how many brain cells it took for her to figure out that she could *gasp* put TOPPINGS on the Marlboro Man sandwich? I’m sure nobody in the history of food blogging has ever thought of putting cheese, tomatoes, and fancy lettuce on a steak sandwich. Her ingenuity blows me away.

She is so phoning it in right now.

Indy Gal May 31, 2011 at 9:16 am

About as long as it took her to figure out that some readers would click on three recipes instead of one. So, probably pretty damned quick!

Karen May 31, 2011 at 10:15 am

What’s really sad was this commenter:

“I guess this new way to make it will make the third time in one week I’ve made it!”

Really? You’re so stuck for meal ideas that you’ll make what’s basically the same damn sandwich three times in one week? Oy.

Kharn May 31, 2011 at 9:46 am

No beans today (drat! Now how am I going to know how to make baked beans? Guess I’ll have to open a can. Wait! Is there a tutorial on can opening? How else will I know?)

Her FN show almost makes me want to get cable. In German, they have a word for enjoying the trainwreck: Schadenfreude.

Can the FN really survive another Sandra Lee? They should combine the two and call it “The Sandra Ree Show.”

PWSux May 31, 2011 at 10:05 am

How fucking FUNNY is it that she grabbed a picture of a sandwich & stuck that up there (what? no step by step Ree??) rather than go with my “scoop”? LMAO

Melissa June 13, 2011 at 2:44 am

You know, at least poor Sandra Lee is honest about what she’s doing. I respect her for that. REE is another story.

anon. May 31, 2011 at 10:16 am

So she changed today’s planned cooking post because of PWSux? LOL Imagine the possibilities!

She probably made MM’s favorite sandwich for one of the episodes of her new show, and she had all of those versions in front of her. What luck!

PWSux June 1, 2011 at 7:01 am

I wouldn’t doubt it! Look how she started changing her headers right after I put up something using the same clipart. I think it’s hysterical!

Maggie May 31, 2011 at 10:17 am

I need me a toe-pickin’ tutorial right now. Think she’d do one for us? Pictures and everything? Yeehaw!

Maggie May 31, 2011 at 10:34 am

Wowsers. I do think her girls are pretty (much more photogenic than the boys at any rate) but they have HUGE noses! No? Is that just me?

NWGirl May 31, 2011 at 2:24 pm

REALLY don’t think we need to be going after her kids. I think that crosses the line.

Suz May 31, 2011 at 5:50 pm

I agree. The kids are not responsible for their mother’s pursuits. But you’re right. . .their noses are big. . .kinda like MM’s. Sorry. Couldn’t help myself.

She shouldn’t be putting those kids pictures on the www. No freakin’ way!

julie May 31, 2011 at 6:07 pm

lol. i always thought that ree had the fuglier nose of the 2 of them. i have done my best to block the memory of her on that episode of “throwdown”, but i bet that the tip of that fugly schnozz of hers get twitchy when she talks.

her daughters are definitely better looking than both of their parents. not gonna bag on the boys because their genes are not their fault.

Maggie June 1, 2011 at 10:22 pm

Sorry, NWGirl, I forgot to check with you first for your list of pre-approved comments. I also forgot this was your website and that I’m playing by your rules.

Oh…wait. I’m, uh, not.

PWP May 31, 2011 at 2:32 pm

Yes, the gals are pretty. But I agree, they do have huge noses. Perhaps they can get that “fixed” with PW’s income.

Not picking on the kids, just stating facts. I mean, if you put your kids pix up all the time on the internets, you can expect commentary. And you know, I see a “Mommy Dearest” memoir by one of her kids in the future.

julie May 31, 2011 at 6:09 pm

i bet it’ll be the younger one. the one who will never leave the ranch.

ree is one twisted bitch.

Karen May 31, 2011 at 12:11 pm

Anyone else notice that her Twitter thing is gone from the sidebar on the Confessions page? Hmm.

hayley espey May 31, 2011 at 12:51 pm

im sure you wont post this because you all obviously do not like ree drummond for whatever stupid reasons you may have, but it sounds to me that you all should get a life! if you dont like her or her website.. ok big deal, but to actually make the time and put effort into creating a website that mocks her is unbelievable! get a life seriously!!!

Debbie May 31, 2011 at 1:00 pm

Wrong blog, Hayley. Dissenting opinions are more than okay here. The only one moderating/sanitizing comments is Ree. Do yourself a favor and go to her website. Now leave a similar comment like you did here. Doesn’t have to be mean or anything, just post something that isn’t all praise and glory.

Sit back for a few minutes, hit the refresh button and see what happens.

Moonyen May 31, 2011 at 1:06 pm

You get a life! Burn! In your face!!!!

Karen May 31, 2011 at 1:59 pm

Haley, is your shift key broken? And your apostrophe key? I’m only asking because I care. I’m glad to see your exclamation point key is working just fine, apparently.

In case you haven’t noticed, the Internet is FULL of sites that, well, provide satire and mock things. Check out http://www.televisionwithoutpity.com. You could spend hours posting there to people about how if they don’t like a certain show, don’t watch it! But don’t waste your time writing about how you don’t like it!

If you don’t like THIS blog, why did you bother to post?

Samantha May 31, 2011 at 2:13 pm

And yet haley espey, YOU are here!…!!!!!

JennNY May 31, 2011 at 4:17 pm

Hayley..
All comments are welcome here! 🙂 Unlike a neg. comment you would make on PW’s site, this will NOT get deleted. We are all about free speech and such.. having said that… you found the time to find this site and comment on it! 🙂 Thanks!

EJS May 31, 2011 at 5:05 pm

hayley – welcome to PWSux…cause you know she does….LMAO!!

Paula S. May 31, 2011 at 5:18 pm

I can tell these sites have hit true pay dirt with the results of their research, because the more proof they post about the “real” Ree, the more troll activity there is. IF PWS and TMW and Crazy Cow are wrong, post and link your proof. Bring it on…..thought so…..you don’t have any.

Suz May 31, 2011 at 5:47 pm

All opinions are absolutely encouraged here. Most of us enjoy a good debate. Or debacle. Quite the opposite happens over at TPW.

Haley, I DO have time on my hands (unemployed) , I don’t like her website, and I drink wine. But please don’t try to tell me to get a life.

PJCarz May 31, 2011 at 6:27 pm

A good friend of mine once sent me a notepad with the heading “I got a life once, but it turned out to be this one” at the beginning of the popularity of that “get a life” cliche, about 20 years ago. So if you are still saying “get a life”, I say, you might be a bit behind the curve.

Melissa June 13, 2011 at 2:46 am

Gee how original. The “get a life” argument has literally been around since the advent of the internet. Posting a comment telling people to get a life is about as effective as saying “I know you are but what am I?”. The website exposes her for what she is. A phony stuck up fraud who cons people. Obviously you missed that part.

No Nic July 3, 2011 at 5:45 pm

The original “get a lifer”, William Shatner, shouted that at his fans in the late 1970’s on SNL. What is it, thirty years and countless movies, autobiographical books, spinoff novels, TV specials, convention appearances, product endorsements, and one dramatastic blog later and Mr. Shatner is still milking that “Captain Kirk” shtick for all it’s worth?

I’m with William Shakespeare: the lady doth protest too much.

Hellen Wheels May 31, 2011 at 3:36 pm

I love how innocent little dears like hayley espey are always so concerned about us having no lives. Nope, we don’t have lives, families, jobs, pets, hobbies or any interests other than sitting around here drinking wine, picking our toes and complaining. Yep, that’s our whooooooooole entire state of being. Thank you, hayley espey, for pointing that out to us. You are a genius. We are in awe of your intelligence and perspicacity. :-/~~~~~~~

Kait May 31, 2011 at 3:54 pm

Okay, Hell, may I call you Hell? What the heck is that doddle after your comment? A raspberry? A yawn? A snore? Are you proving there is power in other punctuation other than the exclamation points that “h”ayley seems so found of using?
Love ya more than my pencil case!

Hellen Wheels June 1, 2011 at 12:06 am

Darling Kaitcourse you may call me Hell! All my best friends (and my dear old mother) have called me that for years!

And yes, that was SUPPOSED to be a raspberry but those darned little pixels thwarted me.

:-/~~~~~~~~ pthbthpthbthhh (sound effects)

Hellen Wheels June 1, 2011 at 12:08 am

MORE PIXEL THWARTING!!!! That should have read: “Darling Kait, of course you can call me Hell!”

Sigh. Typing + 2 much wine = being thwarted. Let that be a lesson to all. Hic.

Kait June 1, 2011 at 5:18 pm

Oh my bestest friend, Hell. Oh! Is it to have one or 2 L’s? 🙂
Well, I meant “fond” not “found”, and what is my excuse? I wasn’t drinking, but I will be soon!

Penny June 2, 2011 at 1:14 pm

Those pixels were “violently thwarting” you!

Mary Beth June 1, 2011 at 4:29 pm

Love the raspberry. But now I am in an ethical dilemma. Should I steal it outright (don’t know where I got that idea) or should I give you credit and call it the Raspberry from Hell.

Melissa June 13, 2011 at 2:48 am

It’s spelled DOODLE not doddle, btw. If you’re going to insult people on their own site, the least you can do is not come across as ignorant.

Penny June 2, 2011 at 1:12 pm

At least she didn’t say we were jealous like most of the Sheeple that come here do!

The Marlboro Woman May 31, 2011 at 6:21 pm

Well, I done heard there was a troll named Haley, a really depressing factoid. Actually it’s so spayshul when one of ’em shows up, my hiney tingles. Then, I have to crack open a dang jug of wine and snarf it down so my pink alien hand can reply to their moronic diatribe.

If you wuv The Pioneer Woman…like totally, take your purdy sock Ms. Puppet and slither back to all the wonderfulness…the Internet hoax…brought to you by Ree Drummond OmniMedia.

I’ll stop now.

Kait May 31, 2011 at 6:27 pm

Ah yes Marlboro Woman, the vino! What would we do with it!!! (Oh sorry those should be question marks but Haley got the best of me). After all we are but loveless dried up old women with no lives!!

PWSux May 31, 2011 at 8:53 pm

Now, now, let’s be nice to poor Haley. She and I have spent some time corresponding this evening after she so kindly emailed me her psychological analysis of me —

hayley hayward: This website is seriously disturbing. I can not believe someone (maybe you) has
put time and effort into a website that is full of blantant mockery and hatrid.
Who do you think you are? You must be very young, someone with sense would not
even consider starting a website like this. You are obviously very insecure and
need help. Putting down others to make yourself feel better is a serious issue.
Think about it.

Website:
IP: 97.67.11.150

I responded and she called me pathetic. I suggested she read the New Here? section and she said she would go do that right away! I offered to answer any questions she might have but I haven’t heard back from her.

I’m sure she’s learning all kinds of things about her sweet little downhome normal just-like-you-and-me rancher’s wife!

🙂

JennNY May 31, 2011 at 9:35 pm

Uhhhhhhhhh is hatrid, a spin on putrid?

Her quote “Who do you think you are? You must be very young, someone with sense would not
even consider starting a website like this. You are obviously very insecure and
need help. Putting down others to make yourself feel better is a serious issue.”

Apparently she follows the “do as I say, not as I do” philosophy. She is telling you that you are insecure and need help, b/c you put down others. Ummmmmmmm, isn’t that what she just did to you? was put you down?
It really does boggle my mind. If she is soooooo disturb b/c we care to comment on PW, why is she not disturbed by her needing to comment on us and this website.
Can anyone say “HYPOCRITICAL”?
Hayley.. try your own advice…”THINK ABOUT IT!” 🙂

angela May 31, 2011 at 9:57 pm

i’d like to propose that HAYLEY in fact “must be” very young and lacks sense herself about this great big invention thingy we call the internet. i’m making a broad generalization here, but i think we’d all be hard pressed to find anyone under age 40 who is shocked to find dissenting websites or web commenters or (gasp!) parody, satire, an alternate view online*

now, i’m not saying us young folks don’t also like to sling mud, but we’ve been around the online block enough to know that it takes more than, “you’re MEAN!! you.. you… there’s something wrong with you!” i mean, the horror!!! the shock!! what kind of a world are we living in?!!! but i digress…

no one who considers themselves young would use age as an insult or excuse for behavior. at least i’m using some basis for my conclusions instead of assuming satire=hate/insecurity/lack of sense=young person.

*exceptions to most rules of common sense unfortunately (for hayley) closely associated w/ stereotypes of reebots

wineinmyglass May 31, 2011 at 9:59 pm

Haley, I think you need a drink.

The Marlboro Woman June 1, 2011 at 12:12 am

Or get laid.

poppy June 1, 2011 at 12:16 am

Man. You made me miss JuicyMatersBob.

cath June 1, 2011 at 4:42 am

…or a pork chop right up her claxie…whoops, sorry, I forget I’m not allowed to be rude in company.

It’s sad watching one of the sheeple discombobulate all over the place when suddenly confronted with the defrocking of their goddess.

But kinda fun none the less.

paula June 1, 2011 at 11:14 am

I have been looking into some of PW recipes.. and i just ordered a book from amazon and its Taste of Home Most Requested Recipes.. which in the book there is a few almost identical recipes from PW site.. like the chicken spaghetti.. dont you think this is
plagiarism

Roz June 1, 2011 at 12:30 pm

I haven’t seen the cookbook but I doubt that it is plagiarism. The Taste of Home Most Requested Recipes was published in 2010 and I think PW had that recipe on her website long before that. Heck, my mother made chicken spaghetti when I was a girl and I’m 65. That recipe has been “around the block” more than a few times. It is such a common recipe that it is in a lot of community cookbooks. That seems to be the way PW cooks, with very ordinary everyday recipes that have been around many many years. It wouldn’t matter what version she used there would be a cookbook out there somewhere that had the same recipe.

The Marlboro Woman June 2, 2011 at 4:50 pm

Out of professional courtesy, most food bloggers with any sense of integrity acknowledge the source or inspiration for their recipes. If they change it up, oftentimes they refer to it as an adaptation.

Drummond in her moral superiority rarely cites a source for her recipes.

Susan June 1, 2011 at 5:25 pm

Haley, my young friend, leave the snarky comments to us, the professionals.

Take a look at the name of this website: that word “sux” after the words The Pioneer Woman is a fairly good indicator this isn’t a place to come for Ree Drummond adoration….unless, of course, she mails each and every one of us a Kitchenaide mixer, an expensive camera and one of those Size Chubby slightly worn flow’y blouses taken right from her very own closet.

Suz June 1, 2011 at 6:07 pm

OK — just looked at flickr again — now there is a tuna melt (with a zillion photos) to go along with the unsightly. unpublished beans. Looks like tuna melt on english muffins. ooooh. I wonder if I could make that tuna melt with french bread instead of english muffins? If so, how would I do that ???$>?!5>#$!/#$!#$!/#$!$

wineinmyglass June 1, 2011 at 8:18 pm
Indy Gal June 1, 2011 at 8:24 pm

Holy crap! There are 60 pictures of how to make a not-so-good-looking tuna melt!

Susan June 1, 2011 at 10:43 pm

I sure hope she gives us step by step instructions on how to open that bag of tuna. That looks tricky! Also, I hope she didn’t forget to toss in a dozen or two pix of how to dice the onion.

Cat, Chaps and Emma June 1, 2011 at 8:58 pm

Tuna melt? Really? Food Network, come on!!!!!

poppy June 1, 2011 at 9:08 pm

Oh heck, it’s just an ad for Starkist! $$$$$

All of us here at Schooner Tuna sympathize with all of you hit so hard by these trying economic times. In order to help you, we are reducing the price of Schooner Tuna by 50 cents a can. When this crisis is over, we will go back to our regular prices. Until then, remember, we’re all in this together. Schooner Tuna. The tuna with a heart. #namethatmovie

Indy Gal June 1, 2011 at 9:47 pm

Mr. Mom!

Mo (just another) June 2, 2011 at 3:35 am

And who feeds a baby chili?!?!

poppy June 2, 2011 at 9:14 am

Honey, if you call and I’m not at home, I’ll be at the gym…or the gun club.

The Marlboro Woman June 2, 2011 at 9:27 am

Damn, I’m so glad someone finally published a tuna salad recipe for the first time in the history of civilization. I’ve always wanted to know how to add mayo, pickle relish, hard-boiled eggs and seasonings to canned tuna. What a fabulous idea!

Without all those photos, I never would’ve known how to combine all those ingredients. How lucky are those people on the FN production crew? They must have gobbled them up. Shoot me now…please…someone.

Indy Gal June 2, 2011 at 10:08 am

But I don’t like red onion, bell peppers, jalapeños, sweet gherkins, hard boiled eggs, Dijon mustard or mayo. I’m not too crazy about tuna, either. Can I still make these? Can you suggest any substitutions? Maybe I could use chicken, celery and Miracle Whip! Don’t be hatin’ now.

poppy June 2, 2011 at 11:08 am

I’ll have a corn dog and a lime cream slush. Thanks.

Indy Gal June 3, 2011 at 9:09 am

Gotta love this comment from Lala:
“This looks like something my sister tried to make me eat on a dare. I won the dare and also spent 2 days in the hospital!”

Kharn June 2, 2011 at 9:35 am

And on a side note, to settle the question once and for all about whether REEEEEE photoshops her children’s eyeballs, take a look at the last two photos of her boy:

These are unphotoshoped blue eyes. I have blue eyes just like his, and in some photos mine look blue-ish, or in others, gray. Sometimes slightly olive.

But they NEVER look like an electric royal blue crayon.

I have no idea why she feels the need to photoshop her children. Shouldn’t a mama, of all people, love them exactly as they are?

anon. June 2, 2011 at 2:34 pm

She did a tutorial several years ago on how to photoshop the punks’ eyes:

Melissa June 13, 2011 at 2:51 am

I have the same kind of blue eyes. Mine do tend to change colors. Sometimes they actually do look bright teal color, but that’s very very rare. Generally they’re gray, or green gray, or light blue.

It really annoys me that she photoshops her children like that, and changes their eyecolors to be “brighter and more attractive”. It’s messed up and wrong. I mean, why can’t they just be show as they are? they’re kids it’s not like its a wedding photo or something!

Christina June 2, 2011 at 12:34 pm
Indy Gal June 2, 2011 at 12:50 pm

No, it’s been around for at least a couple of years.

Kate June 3, 2011 at 7:46 am

I stopped read her blog when she made all the workmen work on Christmas Eve. http://thepioneerwoman.com/homeandgarden/2008/12/christmas-eve-eve/

The the continuous photos of chopped onion/pepper/tomato/{insert any other ingredient here} started to annoy me.

Mary Beth June 3, 2011 at 11:40 am

I didn’t read PW back in 2008. I had no idea the lodge was that big. However, I am sure they found a way to write it off on their taxes. There are lots of agricultural tax exemptions that don’t apply to urban areas and vice versa. For instance, all the lovely fences that surround the ranch cost the earth but can be expensed out on agricultural improvements. I have seen this here in Texas as cities have expanded. The family will sell off the farm to developers but keep a few acres of land to keep a few livestock (horses, llamas, goats, etc.) and their acerage will be taxed on an agricultural basis which is much less than the typical tax rate.

Kait June 3, 2011 at 12:19 pm

OMG someone say something about that useless drivel she just posted in confessions. The woman is an idiot. People say she can write? Please I have read 4th grade papers better than what she spews out.
And how many times can we see the same damn photos before screaming?

Karen June 3, 2011 at 3:22 pm

She’s on drugs. That’s the only rational explanation. Clearly the stress of becoming the Oprah of Oklahoma has gone to her brain and she’s hitting the heavy drugs to chill out.

The Marlboro Woman June 3, 2011 at 4:32 pm

And washing them down with jello shots.

CrackTheCode October 14, 2015 at 11:47 pm

Well bite my hamhock! This looks like a good place …